The 03silverbullet is no more

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you were not hurt worse...I know the shock and anger from mashing up a beautiful bike. Sounds like the silverbullet was a great one.

Sorry about the pie. :(

Steve, this could have had a very different outcome. Glad you're ok, and it just absolutely sucks that SkooterG won't be buying you a steak dinner.

All I need to say is "glad you're OK" :)

Pie's been covered - and devoured ?

Gear's been covered.

Bike's been covered.

And Palomar can be a bitch if you're not fully alert.

Glad you're OK, sorry about the pie, and I can imagine what a bummer it is to drop your bike with so many miles on it.

Steve - Bummer about the bike, glad you're OK and got your stuff back, except the pie, that really sucks! Great seeing you at Carlee's.

At least you learned from this without suffering much human damage.

Now about your forum handle.... any changes...??

Take care, lets ride!

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you walked away. Sorry to hear about bike and pie...and we've all heard about the replacement bike, what are the plans for replacing the pie?

I also got the hell out of there before the cops came.
Now THATS's a quote! I'm not alone when I say we hope you get the old gurl back up and running. I personally want you to be the first recorded 200k state side FJR. Take KwanaJawdge up on his offer of parts, take your time, and rebuild her!

On the accident side of things..

• any debri in the corner *before* you lost traction? Sand, water, anything?
  • condition of tires and pressure?
  • state of mental focus? physical state?
  • too much front brake, or let off brake in corner?
  • just to fast, kept leaning and away she went?
  • drag any hard parts first? pegs, muffler, center stand or bags?
Sorry for all the ??'s but you've got alot of seat time, and it's surprising to hear that you went down.
Very glad you're ok Steve, you crash club wanker you!
No debri on corner

Good tires nomal preasure

Some fatige, I remember being thirsty. Should have stopped at the top and got a drink.

Too much front brake did it.

just to fast, kept leaning and away she went? Yep.

Wasn't draging anything at the time of the accident.

Yes I have alot of seat time. I was just pushing it to much both physically and mentally.

Steve you are definitely a winner because any unplanned get off you that you can walk away from makes you one. Sorry for the loss of the bike when you were getting so close to the 200k mark. Surely Scooter will relent and buy you the steak dinner he would have had to do if you had not had the little mishap.

Thanks for the great report on what happened. I am not sure I would have had such a clear recollection if I had gone down at 50mph. You should be able to get some advertisement money from the makers of your gear since it did such a terrific job of protecting you. Take care and get back out there on your new ride.

Steve, sorry for your experience.. Thanks for being honest about the wreck... I know a lot of us are guilty (including myself) for pushing it a bit too hard in the sweepers..

In fact, just last weekend I was blazing through Red Rock Canyon taking some pretty dicey turns. When I was done and riding on normal road again, I was telling myself, "Man, that was pretty stupid of you!!"

Hope to see your next bike soon, 05Galaxybullet? Or will it be 05Bluebullet? LOL

Dang, I get back from aweek's trip and you go & trash a classic machine.

:rolleyes:

Glad to see you're OK & your Stitch did so well, as I've been wearing the same.

Checks

Glad you are OK Steve! It is fitting that you will now be riding TWN's great bike, "The Barney Express rides again!". So you were riding left handed, with the throttle lock on, Pie in the right hand, and in the middle of a decreasing radius on Palomar, when all of the sudden you decided to pull a Stoppie??? I guess if anyone could do it, you could! ATGATT

I'm glad you came out so well.

It hurts to see one of the "classic, faster, prettier" FJR's bite the dust.

According to the mileage, I think you got your money's worth.

Enjoy the new ride!

Steve's old mileage king 03 FJR is gone, the insurance company picked it up after he stripped it of the 'good stuff'. A sad thing. Too bad for him too as he was crushing me in our 'quest to 200k contest', though I had not yet conceded. Still, it looked like I was going to owe him a dinner.
Steve was compensated very well for his 03 168k FJR by the insurance company. But that's his story.

And for those that didn't catch it yet, he has already purcashed another FJR. A certain 05. That just happend to belong to our beloved twowheelnut. He's been busy swapping shocks and farkles when he gets some time off. I hear a new 'stitch is on the way too. But now he is waaaay behind in the race to 200k. :p Better get to riding Steve.
Yes, I have been very bust swaping parts and selling what I don't need.

I have to give kudos to State Farm Ins Co. They were great! How much do you think a 03 FJR with 169K miles on it is worth?... Well , they gave me a check for $7009.00. That include taxes and DMV fees minus my $500 deductable. They even gave me a seperate check for the retail value of my Arai hemet.

I don't think I could have gotten half of that if I sold it myself.

I still miss that bike.

Steve, sorry to hear about your mishap, but glad you are ok and have such a good attitude.

But $7k, wow, that's amazing, rock on State Farm.

Now, who has the highest mileage FJR?

Nice crash report Steve. Like the others, I'm very glad to hear you're ok, and saddened that the '03 is gone. Tim would be happy to know his bike will be ridden by you and enjoyed as it should be.

I have to give kudos to State Farm Ins Co. They were great! How much do you think a 03 FJR with 169K miles on it is worth?... Well , they gave me a check for $7009.00. That include taxes and DMV fees minus my $500 deductable. They even gave me a seperate check for the retail value of my Arai hemet.
I don't think I could have gotten half of that if I sold it myself.

I still miss that bike.
Amazing, you rode the ____ ? outta that bike, flopped it onto the pavement, rode it home totalled, got State Farm to pay you for a "newer" used FJR, and you are still alive to rub it all in. I say you should count ($$$) yourself; A lucky man! :D

... if you only hadn't lost the pie?

See you someday soon! :cowboy:

Its a good story all around your ok .There are still some gentlemen out there to give a helpping hand and thers allways good apple pie .