The 2014 FJR1300 - Woo-hoo!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iris,The cruise control wont work for you guys anyway. It only works to 80 mph. lol Did I say Bitches.
Yes, Art.....I recall you saying "bitches".....a few times.....LOL

I don't think the 80 MPH cruise limit will bother us too much (wouldn't it be funny though if they fixed that?). I can just hear it now......"bitches" LOL
Yeah. It would be funny. Brat.
rolleyes.gif
Maybe you should play the lottery while you're at it. Just remember you good bud Art
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I see that Yamaha is saying the 12 volt plug can charge a cell phone or run an electric vest. Did anyone ever find out how many amps were running through the plug or if the plug would actually run an electric suit? (liner & gloves and pants for example) and not just a vest?
Unlikely to do more. My Exo2 heated vest draws a maximum of 2.5 amps, within the capability of the glovebox socket, but that's about its lot.
Oh well, I guess the electric suit gets to be hard wired.

IMG_20130913_110433_3201_zpsf7563dd0.jpg

Soooo prolly gonna get me a 2014 in the gorgeous red next spring. Still on the fence if the es is really worth it or not. But in any case, I will be removing as many of my farkles from my 08 as I can for resale or refitment. Assuming that the 14,s are the same as the 13's, what will fit and what will not?

Here's the list: Sargent seat...Tourmaster top triple clamp...Pazzo shorty levers...Garauld tail rack...I forget the brand, but heavier bar end weights...shorter R1 shift lever...I think these will all fit.

What I don't think will fit is the Garauld tailcones..the Power Commander...The sliders...

Going to spend the winter contemplating if I want to spend the extra thousand for ES that I probably won't use, or get the A and use the thousand for a set of pipes.

Going to spend the winter contemplating if I want to spend the extra thousand for ES that I probably won't use, or get the A and use the thousand for a set of pipes.
[Devil's Advocate]

And exactly how will you "use" those louder mufflers?

[/Devil's Advocate]

Given the choice, I'd personally much rather have the E suspension than a set of noisy aftermarket pipes. But that's just me...
rolleyes.gif

For pricing, your first step needs to be a call to the Gold Standard: D&H Cycle in Culman, AL. You might be able to beat their pricing somewhere else, but it's not likely.
And I bet the ES suspension will be the dog's danglies!. Especially for the majority of folks who don't know how, or don't want to manually adjust a suspension.

I can't wait to try one.
Checked with D&H, very good pricing!

For pricing, your first step needs to be a call to the Gold Standard: D&H Cycle in Culman, AL. You might be able to beat their pricing somewhere else, but it's not likely.
And I bet the ES suspension will be the dog's danglies!. Especially for the majority of folks who don't know how, or don't want to manually adjust a suspension.

I can't wait to try one.
What was their ES pricing?

I can't wait to try one.
For the pricing, I recommend calling D&H. ScooterG is right on the best pricing I have found.

I was told orders need to be in by the end of this week.

For pricing, your first step needs to be a call to the Gold Standard: D&H Cycle in Culman, AL. You might be able to beat their pricing somewhere else, but it's not likely.And I bet the ES suspension will be the dog's danglies!. Especially for the majority of folks who don't know how, or don't want to manually adjust a suspension.

I can't wait to try one.
For the pricing, I recommend calling D&H. ScooterG is right on the best pricing I have found.

I was told orders need to be in by the end of this week.
I agree. D & H has everyone beat. ask to talk to Jerold.

I like the red and some of the upgrades but I gotta tell You; I wouldn't trade my 2007 AE (All farkled up) for a 2014 if resale value were eliminated!

I was one of those people that was able to get an AE at a sub A price because that's what the dealer had leftover!

Not only did the AE turn out to be a joy to ride it turned out to be faster than the A on the "Dragon" and a 1/4 mi Drag!

Plus I installed the bar setbacks, G2 Throttle, Barbarian Mod to allow me to adjust mixture, windshield stay in place mod, the paddle shift automatically activated at start, Corbin heated seat with smuggler trunk, throttle meister grips, and more! NO WAY I'D RATHER RIDE A 2014!!!!!!!!

The only way I'd look at a new one is if Yamaha found a way to reduce the weight by 100+ #'s and would like to have an electronic cruise control! Oh Yea and it would have to be an AE with paddle shifter!!!

Well, after 7 trouble free years with my 06, I decided that Yamaha made enough improvements to warrant going back into debt. Put a deposit down on a new ES today
yahoo.gif
. My dealer is having a big open house this weekend and the rep from Yamaha was there. Scheduled arrival time is Nov. but the rep says he expects more like Dec. The 'A' is expected earlier.

The owner of the dealership ( a friend) only had 1 of each type allocated to him. It seems that the ES might be a little scarce, at least at first.

$15,196. plus $399 freight, no prep, plus tax and tags.

Well, after 7 trouble free years with my 06, I decided that Yamaha made enough improvements to warrant going back into debt. Put a deposit down on a new ES today
yahoo.gif
. My dealer is having a big open house this weekend and the rep from Yamaha was there. Scheduled arrival time is Nov. but the rep says he expects more like Dec. The 'A' is expected earlier.The owner of the dealership ( a friend) only had 1 of each type allocated to him. It seems that the ES might be a little scarce, at least at first.

Congrats! Can you ride in December where you live? If not, she's bound to get lots of VVTIG ("vroom-vroom" time in the garage).

Put a deposit down on a black 2014 ES here in Calgary at WaltHealey. I've bought a number of bikes there so I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a great price as usual.

Not sure when it'll get here, might be before the end of the year, but realistically there's only about another month of decent riding here anyway. Soon there's going to be frost in the mornings and it'll be back to the cage :(

FJRian

yahoo.gif
. My dealer is having a big open house this weekend and the rep from Yamaha was there. Scheduled arrival time is Nov. but the rep says he expects more like Dec. The 'A' is expected earlier.The owner of the dealership ( a friend) only had 1 of each type allocated to him. It seems that the ES might be a little scarce, at least at first.

Congrats! Can you ride in December where you live? If not, she's bound to get lots of VVTIG ("vroom-vroom" time in the garage).
Not really. That's why I'm hoping for a delay. I 'll hate making payments on something I can't ride all winter.

All this talk about the red n black (lucky Canadiens) bikes is starting to make Old Yellar a bit nervous. She tells me if I just wrap wires around her forks and run them to the battery, she too would have electrical suspension. I don't think she quite understands. Secretly I'm kinda hoping she blows a gasket. I'm really beginning to like this new bike.

Put a deposit down on a black 2014 ES here in Calgary at WaltHealey. I've bought a number of bikes there so I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a great price as usual. Not sure when it'll get here, might be before the end of the year, but realistically there's only about another month of decent riding here anyway. Soon there's going to be frost in the mornings and it'll be back to the cage
sad.png
FJRian
Yep, nights are getting long and cool around these parts. That said, I had one of my best rides of the year today coming home from Calgary to Red Deer the long way (up Hwy 22). Congrats on the purchase. PM me when you get the new black beauty on the road - I'd love to see it in action!

I came across this in the October issue of Bike magazine. Since I haven't seen any other reviews of the electronic suspension, I figured it might be pertinent.