The 2014 FJR1300 - Woo-hoo!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picture this: The BLACK one, with ES, then take all the painted metal parts and replace them with high polished stainless steel - including the wheels. Spendy? Yes, but I think it would be stunning to look at.

Picture this: The BLACK one, with ES, then take all the painted metal parts and replace them with high polished stainless steel - including the wheels. Spendy? Yes, but I think it would be stunning to look at.
The BlingWad dealer is over that way --->

Yup, it was ES #00000001....a friend of mine that texted me a picture of it to let me know he sat on one before I got mine...I have an ES on order, I wonder what # I'll get...
Probably #00000001 once they finish dragging it around the country letting everyone sit on it and dry shift it.
wink.png

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Dry shifting???? Used to do that with GF"s in high school!!

Just ordered the 14 ES! Starting to take swappable parts off the 08.

I just started stripping my 03' farkels for swap and sell.
There are going to be some nice Gen 1 only farkles in the classifieds soon. :)
For 25+ years my bride has reinforced "shopping resistance" - a wonderful and debt-free way of living.

She emphasizes that the first principle is... Not 'window shopping'.

So now I have to avoid the extra stuff in the "windows" on the for sale pages... Arrgghhh!?!!!

There are going to be some nice Gen 1 only farkles in the classifieds soon.
smile.png
For 25+ years my bride has reinforced "shopping resistance" - a wonderful and debt-free way of living.

So now I have to avoid the extra stuff in the "windows" on the for sale pages... Arrgghhh!?!!!
You know you won't be able to resist
rolleyes.gif

Here's a list of what 's coming for your viewing pleasure....

- Wilbers 640 w/ Remote Pre-load Adjuster

- Garauld Rear Rack painted to match the 03'

- Super Brace

- Radiator Guard

- Russel Day Long Seats

- Heli Bar Risers

- Muffler Tailcones

- Wild Bill highway plates/pegs

- Aux. light Mounts

- Throttle Meister CC

- Steering Head Spanner for the 03'

- Centech Fuse Block

- Carbon Fiber Stator Cover

I'm sure there is more i'm not thinking of right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

There are going to be some nice Gen 1 only farkles in the classifieds soon. :)

You know you won't be able to resist :rolleyes:

Here's a list of what 's coming for your viewing pleasure....

- Wilbers 640 w/ Remote Pre-load Adjuster

- Garauld Rear Rack painted to match the 03'

- Super Brace

- Radiator Guard

- Russel Day Long Seats

- Heli Bar Risers

- Muffler Tailcones

- Wild Bill highway plates/pegs

- Aux. light Mounts

- Throttle Meister CC

- Steering Head Spanner for the 03'

- Centech Fuse Block

- Carbon Fiber Stator Cover

I'm sure there is more i'm not thinking of right now.
I can resist anything but temptation.

Fortunately, we're leaving on a trip and won't be back until November. So I might not be tempted.

(Sure glad that you didn't list the rider weight/height for that shock & saddles....)

I'd hang onto the Wilbers to put on the new bike. The full-boat Wilbers off my '04 slipped right on my new '13.

Gary

I'd hang onto the Wilbers to put on the new bike. The full-boat Wilbers off my '04 slipped right on my new '13.
Gary
Tell me about the Wilbers. I have an Ohlins on my 04 and I'd LOVE to get that on the new bike.

Ohlins Model YA 342, which is VERY similar to Gen 2, YA 707. The only visible diff is the remote reservoir on the Gen 2 model. Looks like it's just a bolt on to replace the fitted piggyback on my shock. Guess I should write Ohlins/Cogent and see. I'm pretty sure the forks will bolt on as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the RED a lot! I suspect this will be a huge year for the FJR!
I'm surprised that Yamaha introduced this model so early. I suspect that they may have made a poor orphan out of the '13 models with many people jumping straight to the '14 instead.

I'm surprised that Yamaha introduced this model so early. I suspect that they may have made a poor orphan out of the '13 models with many people jumping straight to the '14 instead.
Yep....the dealers are scrambling to get rid of their 13's, that red paint job is going to be pretty expensive when you look at the difference in price between a new leftover 13 or new "got to get one" 14. The older I get the harder it is to see the color when I am riding it.

Yep....the dealers are scrambling to get rid of their 13's, that red paint job is going to be pretty expensive when you look at the difference in price between a new leftover 13 or new "got to get one" 14. The older I get the harder it is to see the color when I am riding it.
Okay, so I'm definitely biased being the proud owner of a '13, and I do think that if I had had a choice between the "pavement camo grey" and the red, I likely would have gone with the more visible red, BUT...I do think there's something classy about the pavement grey '13. It sort of says "don't bother looking at me...I already know I'm cool."
coolsmiley02.gif
This is all hypothetical, of course, since you can't have the choice of 2 colours of the same model in a given year - according the the laws of Yammy - and the 2 choices for 2014 in Canada (for the different models) are black and brown. Quite happy with my grey '13, all things considered.

Gary
Did you have to change anything on the Wilbers shock Gary? I'm thinking of doing the same thing with mine when the 14 gets here.

Tom

Not only the color, but also the ES suspension. I was disappointed when they didn't offer the ES in 2013.

On putting the Wilbers on the '13, no problems. Accessing the top mount bolt through the nest of rigid brakes lines that make up the ABS (the big ABS block on the GenI's sure looked a lot simpler) was a bit of PITA. As others have stated in old posts, the remote preload bracket (mounts to the foot peg bracket) had to have one hole drilled as the mount holes on the foot peg bracket on the GenII/III's are closer together. I also had to add a couple of washer to space the preload adjuster 'in' (towards the tire, away from the bag) as the adjuster knob was setting against the bag. I plan on talking to the folks at Ted's Beemer Shop (they're about 35min away) to see if I can get a bracket for the GenII/II's to fix that. But what I have with the GenI bracket is doable. On the next service of the shock I'm probably going to have the line to the preload adjuster replaced and about 1/2 inch added to make it easier to mount. The shock has about 100k of use (and about 3 rebuilds already) so the hoses have some little wear-and-tear with all the removal/install cycles. The hose to the compression rebound reservoir is also looking a bit ragged too.

As to what I did with the OEM '13 shock, I just put it in the garage attic. I still had the original '04 OEM shock (with only 10k on it) that I re-installed to sell the '04. I'm sure that the '13 OEM shock would have worked just as well but I wanted to keep the zero mile '13 OEM shock for myself :)

One last item on the '14 ES I saw at Laguna, I noticed that Yamaha is now including the rubber 'mud flat' that hangs down from the inner fender to protect the shock from road grunge. That'll save you about $8 over buying a '13! I simply bought one from Yamaha to put on my '13.

Gary

For anyone that gets a look at a '14, would be interesting to see if Yamaha revised the fairing side panels for fitting their frame "sliders" with no modifications.