The Cognoscente Group's "Wild, Wild West!" Rally

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator
Reaction score
In 2006, I opened up the Cognoscente Group's "White Pine Fever" rally to the FJR community, and the response was overwhelming, with new World Records set by some of your FJRForum brethren.

For 2010... I'm going to open the doors again... [SIZE=14pt][/SIZE]

ANNOUNCING....

WWW_banner.jpg

This event has a limited number of slots recently open up, and before I offer the slots to the Long Distance community, I will offer them to FJRForum members just as I did in 2006 with White Pine Fever.

This is a 32-hour Endurance Rally to be held on July 16-18, 2010. The start and finish is in Ely, Nevada.

Unlike the unique and dastardly "WORD!" rally in 2008, and the free-for-all escapades such as "White Pine Fever" and "BLISTER!" rallies, this year's event will delve back into a more traditional Endurance Rally genre, involving traditional bonus collecting and checkpoints.

That said.... this is a Cognoscente Group event, so you should expect anything and everything, including big miles, extreme riding, and demonic evilness on the part of the Cognoscente staff.

There will be one checkpoint during this event. There is a minimum of 1340 miles to be considered an official finisher, as well as a minimum number of points that must be earned.

Want to rub elbows with some of the fastest, most hard-core Endurance Riders on the planet? Let's see what'cha got, pard'ner.... sign up here: Cognoscente Group's "Wild, Wild West!"

We look forward to torturing your souls next July!
twisted.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello? Is this thing on?
This thread has resulted in a few entries from forum members even though they haven't posted here. ;)

The original invite list had pretty much all the known FJRForum members who are Endurance Riders, and they have responded in droves. Well over 40% of entrants are riding the FJR!

"Wild Wild West" motorcycle breakdown follows:

Yamaha: 44%

Honda: 27%

BMW: 17%

Kawasaki: 4%

Suzuki: 4%

Triumph: 4%

Every Yamaha entrant is (of course!) riding the FJR , and of these, 38% are Gen II bikes, the remaining are all Gen I bikes. There are no AE bikes entered yet according to the database.

I'm at least part of the 4% Triumph contingent. I had heard about this rally and was getting ready to pester Dale about it when he posted it up. Looking forward to it, sounds like a lot of fun. Good chance I'll be on something other than the Tiger by the time the rally happens.

Sounds like a fine gathering of upstanding citizens out for a Saturday social ride....looking to see what Nevada byways have to offer in way of a truly American experience. The website seems a bit steamy, but I'm sure it's all in jest. I just might have to cancel my croquet lessons and check this event out!

I just hope I can do 1340+ miles.....that sounds pretty crazy.

:angel:

Every Yamaha entrant is (of course!) riding the FJR , and of these, 38% are Gen II bikes, the remaining are all Gen I bikes. There are no AE bikes entered yet according to the database.
I'm extremely proud to be in the 62% of FJR riders on the superior Gen1 bike ......

Uhhh, only thing I'm more proud of is my rally number/starting position for this gig.

The instant the date was announced for this event , it didn't go on my calendar,

----> instead my calendar went around this event.

Sure looking forward to it, no doubt the best LD talent assembled in one place for 2010 -and no better place than the Battle Born state to go for a nice little ride.

Any FJR rider who enjoys the best of moto-bike fun ---->is a fool to not take advantage of this special FJR invite.

Well, it is recommended that you have a big, fast bike for this event... do you have a bike like that? :whistle:
big and heavy, yes.
Your bike make is the 2nd highest representative, Maura.... though only three ST1300s. The rest of the Honda's are Wingabagoes.

But your avatar here, OTOH, is just so disturbing! :eek:

:lol:

Looking for a roomie. Anyone want to share

Motel is booked according to the voice on the other end.

Nevermind. Voice on other end totally screwed up. Have room. Thanks WC.

dougc

Looking forward to the rally, Dale. Got the rally pack today. What, we don't have to bring rubbers this time? ;-)

I'll be riding down with Michael Smeyers on Thursday before the rally.

Bob Torter just called me today to talk about the rally. He was worried about your definition of tires that were "half done". LOL

He's using Michelin Pilot Road 2's and they wear out quite quickly. He figures if he buys them new the day before the rally and rides down from Montana, they'll be "half done" by the time he gets there. LOL

I told him to try some Avon Storm II's instead. I'll have a fresh set on my ST for the rally. Want to try them out. Although I liked the PR2's, they didn't hold up past 6500 miles on my ST. :angry2:

See you then.

Although I liked the PR2's, they didn't hold up past 6500 miles on my ST. :angry2:
Just a guess

.... whatever you currently get out of a set of tires, -will likely be dramatically less during the hours of this rally. I surely will have fresh shoes on the bike, and I bet 30ish hours after rally start, they'll be nothing like the shinny new sneakers that they were the day before.

Although I liked the PR2's, they didn't hold up past 6500 miles on my ST. :angry2:
Just a guess

.... whatever you currently get out of a set of tires, -will likely be dramatically less during the hours of this rally. I surely will have fresh shoes on the bike, and I bet 30ish hours after rally start, they'll be nothing like the shinny new sneakers that they were the day before.
Thanks a lot Warchild. My children will be barefoot and hungry, but I'll have fresh tires. Anyone care to teach me how to play cards? I lost interest in the activity with 'Go Fish' , so have some catching up to do. :(

Now that the cat's out of the bag...

This promises to be another lifetime memory for participants. Cogno events are usually jewels in finishers' riding history crowns! Best of luck to everyone.

Yep,

I was planning on fresh, brand new tires as I've ridden in a few Congno events before. But, they won't be PR2's, that's for sure.

Gonna try Avon's Storm 2's this time. If they don't hold up for 10,000 miles, I'll probably go back to an ME-Z6 front and ME880 rear.

Just a guess

I happened to be in Ely a couple of nights ago ....a 3:30am arrival for me ..which is pretty much prime-time.

100603ShakeDownRide%20(120).jpg

Just the thought of the W3 gave me goose-bumps. This town is no doubt going to be ready to host some of the world's best LD talent and some amazing machines come mid July.

I'm sure that I'm not the only one counting down the dayz.

WarChild

I wish I still had my FJR but I sold it , but still have my wing and KLR but wont be riding it this rally will have to wait and see what you have next. Just retired for the 3rd time been teaming with my son in a new International LoneStar 2010.

rogerfjrfaster :yahoo: