The Cognoscente Group's "Wild, Wild West!" Rally

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just stoping for gas, right?
well, uhh, I did eventually get some

.......but first things first

100603ShakeDownRide%20(123).jpg

I was planning on fresh, brand new tires as I've ridden in a few Congno events before. But, they won't be PR2's, that's for sure.
My new PR2 arrived Friday. Yep, gotta have brand new meat for this event. This is one of those times where having 2 rear wheels comes in handy. Mount up the Cogno tire, have at it over the weekend, and come home to my old tire that really isn't that old, just not "Ely Fresh."

This picture taken abut 2hours ago

.....Many on this thread will remember the drama and stories that this sign brought to the last cognoscente event

-with the Torters claiming it as town sign.

Uhh, this is problem though(?) this is not an official sign, there is no town of Puckerbrush. The owner of this property erected the sign himself and such is the start of much folklore

101628PuckerBrush.JPG

Eventually the Torters' were allowed the points, good IMO as they were very resourceful.

Anyway there are two FJR's out playing in the Battle Born state today and here is a two-part quiz:

a) who pilots the FJR on the left?

b.) what is the Wild Wild West rally # of the bike on the right.

first with correct answer to both questions will get a beer from me in Ely.

Anyway there are two FJR's out playing in the Battle Born state today and here is a two-part quiz:
a) who pilots the FJR on the left?

b.) what is the Wild Wild West rally # of the bike on the right.

first with correct answer to both questions will get a beer from me in Ely.
Melchild

Geez, I can't believe that Jerry guessed that was MY bike. What could have given it away?

I am taking you down in Ely Reno John..........

Geez, I can't believe that Jerry guessed that was MY bike. What could have given it away?
I am taking you down in Ely Reno John..........
Honestly Tom I didn't know for sure that it was yours (butt now I do.) The clues were the Polio Plus sticker, the Tanji Tank, and the CA plate. Plus I was pretty sure you had an early Gen II. Call it an educated guess. And now I have an excuse to drink with Reno. Join us and yours is on me.

My goals for the rally are 1) to pass tech inspection and be allowed to start 2) to ride a bunch of miles 3) to throw the lasso passably.

What are yours?

My goals for the rally are 1) to pass tech inspection and be allowed to start 2) to ride a bunch of miles 3) to throw the lasso passably.
I'm hip. I would only add that i hope my aim is true, and that i don't blush myself to death upon entry into any & all houses of ill repute. Not necessarily in that order.

I'm hip. I would only add that i hope my aim is true, and that i don't blush myself to death upon entry into any & all houses of ill repute. Not necessarily in that order.
Just go practice your lasso-ing skills, copper!

Because you're going to need them sometime during this event... guaranteed! :D ;)

No worries, have you seen the nasty whores in NV? Running for your life maybe, but not blushing. <shiver> Nasty Nadia <shiver> That's what I get for going for a ride with Reno John and stopping for a coke.

Don't go swimmin' with out a suit!

No worries, have you seen the nasty whores in NV? Running for your life maybe, but not blushing. <shiver> Nasty Nadia <shiver> That's what I get for going for a ride with Reno John and stopping for a coke.
Now why'd you have to go an remind me about her? I'd "almost" forgot about her...but now the nightmares may be back. :(

Riding out there Friday morning, hoping for a 5:30AM start. Late Breakfast in Middlegate, NV maybe I will see some of you for Breakfast or along the way to Ely!

Now why'd you have to go an remind me about her? I'd "almost" forgot about her...but now the nightmares may be back. :(
I will always associate NV house if ill repute with Nasty Nadia, thanks to Reno John.

Only 3 more sleeps until the trek to LD debauchery & hooliganism begins. And since i can't sleep, that alters the count a little.

Only 3 more sleeps until the trek to LD debauchery & hooliganism begins. And since i can't sleep, that alters the count a little.
Sure, rub it in that you're a local. ;)

Two more sleeps, then a loong day including the trek to Ely.