The "FJR is my main ride" thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

networkguy

Reaction score
Im curious how many members ride their feejer as their main transpo. I do. Im in Phoenix so its pretty nice :)

I don't own a 4 wheel vehicle or another motorcycle so I guess that kinda makes my FJR my main ride :unsure: I was out riding my FJR today (1/2/12) and will commute to work on it next week if it gets above single digits. Go ride your Phoenix FJR when it is 115° and then again when it's 15°F and let me know which you prefer.

My FJR, Ziggy, is my only ride...handicap plate and all !...i have access to a cage, but dont own one...besides, i leave cage driving to professionals like EMT's and Paramedics ( like my son :D )...they drive so good whilst i'm screaming and much much better drugs !

Bobby

I don't own a 4 wheel vehicle or another motorcycle so I guess that kinda makes my FJR my main ride :unsure: I was out riding my FJR today (1/2/12) and will commute to work on it next week if it gets above single digits. Go ride your Phoenix FJR when it is 115° and then again when it's 15°F and let me know which you prefer.
ionbeam, do you live within walking distance of your workplace? :huh: Or, do you have studded tires on yout feej? <_<

My main mode of transportation. 45,000 miles on FJRs last year. Less than 2000 on my car. :yahoo:

I don't own a 4 wheel vehicle
ionbeam, do you live within walking distance of your workplace? :huh: Or, do you have studded tires on yout feej? <_<
I give up any schedule flexibility and all freedom to choose how my daily schedule will be planned and carpool to work. I enjoy the company to and from work but it means that I'm up ~5:00 am and usually get home around 6:00 pm. If there is no salt or ice I will ride. When I had a car I would go to the garage and have a choice as to which to take. The car stayed in the garage so much that there was no point in keeping it as an expensive pet.

I don't own a 4 wheel vehicle
I give up any schedule flexibility and all freedom to choose how my daily schedule will be planned and carpool to work. I enjoy the company to and from work but it means that I'm up ~5:00 am and usually get home around 6:00 pm. If there is no salt or ice I will ride. When I had a car I would go to the garage and have a choice as to which to take. The car stayed in the garage so much that there was no point in keeping it as an expensive pet.
You had an Impala SS? So did I! A '96. All stock. Loved that car but didn't have it for long.

I guess my main ride is my feet cause it's only 50' from the house to the shop and I don't have a job. When the weather is good I take the FJR and when it isn't I drive my 55 Ford truck.

Approx. 23k on the bike last year, maybe 600 miles in the '70 F100. I'd say the bike is my main ride.

yahoo.gif

Brodie

For me the FJR is by far the main ride. 22K miles on it, 2500 miles on the car I use. But, when the wife goes, and I'm with her, it is invariably in the cage.

Im curious how many members ride their feejer as their main transpo. I do. Im in Phoenix so its pretty nice :)
That's me. Since I retired from full-time employment in 2007 when I sold my car, the FJR has been almost my only transport.

Only in times of ice on the road or when carrying large amounts of luggage have I borrowed my wife's car or begged a lift. Oh, yes, and when we go anywhere together; she's far too much sense to get on the back of my bike.

While I'm still able, that's how I want it to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Primary ride - 2004 FJR

Secondary ride - 2002 ZRX

Tertiary ride - 1995 Honda Del Sol

66,000 miles on FJR in last 6 years, 3,000 miles on ZRX in last 6 years, 775 miles on Del Sol in last 6 years.

When I put the numbers down where I can see 'em like above, it's no wonder MissusHowie thinks I should dump the ZRX and Del Sol.

Screw her. I'm keeping all three! :p

I own a pickup, but it's only used for hunting trips, dump runs or my weekly long run on a local trail (there's just something very unappealing about putting a helmet and aerostich on a sweaty body that just got done running 10+ miles :puke: ). So the FJR :scooter: is first choice :yahoo: for transport unless there's snow/ice on the road, cargo won't fit or the wife refuses to ride.

I have an '88 Crown Vic, which I use if I have to carry something too big to carry on the bike. Otherwise, it's FJR.

I have a pickup truck that sits in my garage, but most of the time my Feej is my commuter and fun vehicle. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Being in Canada, winter ruins my hopes of riding year round... also, I use a carbon fibre mountain bike and promised myself that I would not stop riding it once the motorcycle got in the driveway (good health means more years to enjoy the FJR - at least that is the plan). I have a feeling that I may not respect that resolution too often.