The NAFO4 Rally Rallye

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might not be cheese this year could be scarier than that.

A little light reading.

i-kd3HLnM-M.jpg

I Ain't afraid 0f no Ghost.
8ea1192d-a9de-4e17-a0e9-130f941c432c_zps7fff05dc.jpg

Still need at least a couple more entries
big_boss.gif

Who had fun last year? What was your favorite bonus?

Tell everyone what they're missing if they don't enter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've done three Rally Rallyes and they are great fun. Rick knows how to put together a rally that challenges and entertains newbs and experts alike. It's only 8 hours. Heck, you're likely to spend that much time on the road on Friday, anyway. Why not inject your ride with a shot at glory and fame? Or at least a chance to win some cheese curds.

This ain't the Iron Butt. Don't agonize over it. Just sign up and have a blast! It'll be the highlight of your weekend!

I'll probably join in, and drag Thingfish along.
Cool, even if you don't want to do super competitive thing, I'm sure you''ll enjoy the tour.
bike.gif
Yeah, I don't plan to be a competitor, just a sight seer. I have ridden one rally before, the Rhody, and it was fun, but I learned then that I am not a serious rally rider.

I think one of my favorites from last year was Cody the buffalo. I didn't think I could have that much fun by myself on a bike. I saw many things that I never would have seen had I just been riding the area. The LIW stuff was interesting too, as spanky used to watch that program all the time. This year she will get to see the real deal! Last year's was the only rally I have ever done. The other part I still laugh about is remembering watching Rick scoring. My term was blood bath. I chuckle thinking how many times Rick asked something similar to "Did you read the instructions?"

Seriously, if you have never done a rally and were thinking about trying one this is the one to cut your teeth on. Lot's of interesting stuff and the rules are designed to not make it a mileage challenge. I am looking forward to it.

I"m pretty sure I'm in... need to confirm the transportation mode.
biggrin.png
Ummm, FJR?
Nope...
biggrin.png
I guess if you are flying in from CA we will let you slide and allow a bike other than an FJR...
Alan, she use to ride an FJR, had a terrible accident and now she rides the Spider. I've driven a couple of Spiders, they're no slouches. You can whip them babies around the twisties in smile-like 2 wheel fashion. The lean is more of a snowmobile, I kinda dig it as an alternative to 2 wheels.

Sea (hey, it's boating season lol) you at NAFO & EOM!

-KJ

Alan, she use to ride an FJR, had a terrible accident and now she rides the Spider. I've driven a couple of Spiders, they're no slouches. You can whip them babies around the twisties in smile-like 2 wheel fashion. The lean is more of a snowmobile, I kinda dig it as an alternative to 2 wheels.
It is a good alternative, imho, if 2-wheels is no longer an option... I still ride, explore, and enjoy the world and all that's in it... just in a different way. B)

It is a good alternative, imho, if 2-wheels is no longer an option... I still ride, explore, and enjoy the world and all that's in it... just in a different way. B)
Sounds great! Glad you ate still riding and having fun.

I think Tyler was a Triumph lady...

now she prowls around on her 3 legged horse looking to find people and give them a good time...and then takes pictures of the act.

I think Tyler was a Triumph lady...now she prowls around on her 3 legged horse looking to find people and give them a good time...and then takes pictures of the act.

Great pic! w Beemer Don? (and Tyler, you don't have to admit it if you don't want).

Sorry Allen, got you in the ionbeam (Alan) thingy ;)

Last edited by a moderator: