This Shows Commitment

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pterodactyl

Reaction score
THIS

No word on the results of his research. I'm betting he is correct.

1522067211612.jpg

We worship "commitment" here in the good ole USA.

It used to be a word associated with certain very quiet hospitals, with lots of arts and crafts.

I wonder about the "committed' and 'commitment'.

I have always wanted it, and like everyone else admired those that had it.

Bruce Jenner had it, and he did wonders with it, and she still does.

This 'rocket man' has it, and now his back is all messed up and he is ridiculed universally. {except by the other "flat earth" folks llke Kyrie Irving}.

But now, in my old age I have found that I like my life.

If I had "commitment" there would probably be no time for motorcycle riding or prison ministry.

OR, I might be riding motorcycles day and night rushing around the world to win a prize no one else wants.

OR, I might commit a crime so I could be in prison "full time" like a "committed" person would do, LOL.

Most people who read my posts think I should be "committed" in the old "quiet hospital with lots of arts and crafts" kind of way.

Now you probably do too.

Last edited by a moderator:
1875 feet? There are buildings taller than that. The Burj Khalifa in Dubai is over 2700 feet tall. He could have bought a first class plane ticket for less than the $20k he spent on his rocket, and gotten free drinks and hot towels on the trip!

I wish he had simply sent me the money that he wasted...I would have purchased a good bottle of tequila for him with some of the money so that he could get drunk and convince himself of anything he wanted to..The rest of the money would be spent wisely on motorcycle parts..

Just ...... wow. He actually launched himself a quarter-mile into the sky. And people think motorcycle riders are crazy stupid risk-takers.

BluenoseFJR posted: 1875 feet? There are buildings taller than that.
Sure there are. But how many people are volunteering to get catapulted to one of those buildings' rooftops and then parachute down? Jeez-O-Pete, that guy's crazy.

BluenoseFJR posted: 1875 feet? There are buildings taller than that.
Sure there are. But how many people are volunteering to get catapulted to one of those buildings' rooftops and then parachute down? Jeez-O-Pete, that guy's crazy.
Hopefully not many volunteering, but from an associated press article I came across on CBC it is apparently not the first time he has done it!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/rocket-scientist-mad-mike-hughes-blasts-off-california-1.4592170

He certainly has balls, if not much sense. I see a Darwin Award in this guy's future....
fool.gif

You know, in humans Darwin is not proving correct. More and more of 'people' worthy of Darwinian thinking have already reproduced by the time their true nature is revealed, ensuring the gene pool remains, shall we say "eclectic"?