This Sucks So Bad!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went through this 18 months ago. Bikes can be fixed or replaced; glad to hear that you're okay. I bought my bike back from the insurance company and rebuilt it. I spent a lot of dough doing it, but I really feel like I know the bike pretty well now and have more of an attachment to it than ever. Still, a new '06 would have been nice ; )
Paul Peloquin

Monmouth OR

IBA #333
:angry2: :angry2: :angry2: Ditto here 6 months ago . Get that body checked out. May have something fractured. I throught I had just sprung my wrist. After two Md visits , had a broke scaffoid bone in two places. You can always get another bike . After surgery and 6 months of being a crip , I'm almost back to new. Sure glad you walked away from the wreck , which is always a blessing. Good luck over the next few months , the weather sucks now anyway and you couldn't ride too many days in Jan .

Glad your ok, it's just a bike and they make lots of them.

On the upside you have a lot of parts that you can sell on ebay for good money, pool that with the insurance check and you can buy a new bike.

Glad you're o.k.

We all know that can happen to any of us at any moment, not to mention deer etc.

You're 2nd set of points is correct and that's what I'd focus on:

"Now, I'm trying to look on the bight side:

1) Not dead: that's a plus.

2) No immediate signs of frame damage

3) The saddle cases were off.

4) I hadn't installed the brand new Givi V46 that came last week

5) Now, I'll get those new Carbon-Fiber Mufflers, hopefully saving enough vs. OEMs to fund the deductible"

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditto on the consolations.

May you and EBay have a short relationship.

As a hint for the new rebuilder, a lot of the EBay plastic is from salvage yards and if you call they have more than just what's shown.

Bob

Posted this in another threat a few hours before your "incident."

"It is amazing how fast a combination of dirt/sand/gravel can just cause the rear to slide right out. When it is in the right spot in the turn, it's just like hitting ice."

Go figure.

That makes 3 crash club members all within about 1 mile of each other off the same major road.

Must be those KY roads!

Sorry to hear that you joined the crash club. Fix your baby up over the winter and get ready for spring.

"It is amazing how fast a combination of dirt/sand/gravel can just cause the rear to slide right out. When it is in the right spot in the turn, it's just like hitting ice."

Go figure.

That makes 3 crash club members all within about 1 mile of each other off the same major road.

Must be those KY roads!
And I was hoping to explore KY roads this year, too. :blink: I will sometime I guess...just sorry to hear of all the scrapes...

Sorry about your incident. Any time you cross the yellow line in an accident and come out alive...I say you made out. The newspapers are too full of anecdotal evidence of the bad things that can happen while crossing the yellow. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
After the adjuster comes Friday, Keithaba and I are going to take off the plastic and look for any twisted metal. Having never done this before, I'm grateful for a crash veteran's opinion.
Pay attention to that shoulder too.

Glad to hear your o.k.

"Any landing you can walk away from is a good one."

Jag, glad you are still around. Get that body looked at by a Dr. - if you had enough impact to draw blood, you've probably got some severe tissue damage in there -

Jag, Sorry to hear about your crash, and equally glad to hear you are doing OK. I appreciate how you feel about your bike, that really sucks. If you have the time, resources to put her back together, it can be a beautiful thing. I really hope your shoulder turns out OK and doesn't impact your enjoying the re-build. While your calculating the cost of the repairs and possible medical bills, this post near-death experience time is also good for counting the many blessings we have, and being thankful for friends and family.

I hope you both are better soon!

FJR@DTS

Go figure.

Must be those KY roads!

I thought KY was a real slippery jelly?????

Glad you can see the bright side of your situation. Please have an orthopedist check you over closely!! Many small traumas may mask internal problems which could need attention. Heal quick & fix/replace your ride soon.

Brother, I've tangled with "Ole Man Gravel " on more than one occassion. You don't beat him. Glad to hear you got off lightly as far as injuries go. I've got to admit, I'm starting to get a mild case of paranoria about all this crap on the roads that can put you down. A guy in my neighborhood went dwon the other day from running into a patch of ACORNS. Broke his leg. Crap.