To anyone doubting the R1 as a Sport Tourer.....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With all due respect.....I will never be doing that to my bike, going through water that is of knee level. :eek: :eek: :eek:

It can be done if someone is willing, Some goofball did this a few years back also. He was 22 and had no problem humping a sportbike for 7000 miles around the country, probably won't do it again though.

Well, I might not have chosen an F1 for the task, but I'm too much of a wuss to have tried the 'round-the-world trip at all! My hat is off to this guy. I'd like to know more about how the F1 ran, repairs and so on, and more about those panniers and top box. The clip with the water shooting out of the exhaust pipes was way cool. WBill

Cool video and that guy rocks. I love seeing people out on the road riding bikes that weren't built for touring and having a great time. I had a guy go past me this summer in Canada riding a small sport bike that looked like it had been to hell and back. He had a home built rack on the back loaded with gas cans, camping gear, and extra tires. We never talked but just seeing him go past got me thinking where he was going and where he had been.

I couldn't imagine being slumped over that tank for so long. I also couldn’t believe he went thru that stream almost up to the seat in water and it didn't ingest water and die. Watching him pump the water out via the starter and it firing says a lot.

He's nuts, insane, and a little wacky. He's also a great adventurer.

Thanks for the video, pretty cool.