Tour of Honor

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the pics and writeup. :yahoo:

(edit: except for thr trunk monkey...no trunk monkeys allowed!)
The trunk monkey was one of my sons stuffed animals when he was young. I had been trying to get him to come along on a ride along the coast, but ah... teenage distractions can be very powerful!

So I tacked it on so he would be connected to this ride.

I think it helped me avoid a performance award, just south of Ft. Bragg. I was just scooting along, deep in thought when I noticed a car on my 6 from out of no where! My thought was that it was someone who works locally and knows the road better than I ( I wasn't in a hurry ). So i picked up the pace to find a place where I could let them get around me. That's when he hit the lights and pulled me over. He said I was doing 50 in a 35 and that when I saw him I took off and got up to 70! :eek:

Anyway I explained myself, gave him my ID, and of course by this time he's had a look at me (grown-up touring bike, ATGATT with a trunk monkey!) and let me go.

He also said that he was busy , as there had just been a murder. Turned out some lunatic pot farmer had just killed a local councilman for getting too close to his fields!

You think these are sleepy little towns without a lot of drama. You never know do you?

One thing that amazed me on this trip was the number of "Homeless Gnomes"! It seemed like every where I looked were these 20 year old stoners just wandering around aimlessly, or sitting pitifully in the shadows! Sometimes 50 miles from the nearest town. It's like the new Gold Rush, they all think that they're going to get rich in the pot fields of California! It all seems harmless enough until somebody gets shot or you follow the money. Time will tell I guess. It's the wild west all over again.

Beyond awesome ride report!

Though with such a loooooong distance between Memorials, it occurs to me that a BunBurner GOLD could've easily been woven into this trip....
poke.gif

:lol:

Excellent report, redtail, very, VERY nice photos!!

Beyond awesome ride report!

Though with such a loooooong distance between Memorials, it occurs to me that a BunBurner GOLD could've easily been woven into this trip....
poke.gif

:lol:

Excellent report, redtail, very, VERY nice photos!!
Point taken!

This trip was a mental health ride. I needed to wander around. Matter of fact I rode pretty much daylight to dark everyday. I just happened to stay on roads that didn't accomodate acruing big distance! And boy was it worth it! I was on the edge of my tires for a lot of the ride! Really, really fun!

I have a tentative BBG mapped out that I hope to do very soon!

Latest posts