Tourmaster Intake 2 mesh jacket

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know the difference between the the Intake and the Intake 2?Also best price to buy?

TIA
I don't know what the difference between the Intake & the Intake2, & their website dosen't help either, Tourmaster Intake 2 Jacket. Everything listed there seems to be the same as the Intake.

My wife & I both own the original intake & we both think they are great. Excellent fit & quality. A great 3 season jacket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I'm no help on the difference between the two, but I can't say enough about my Intake jacket. -2C = fine, with both liners in. +18C with just the windbreak liner is = fine, +31C + 98% humidity = fine again - so long as you moving. I've been caught in the rain a few times (HAHAH, sorry, rain should read torrential crapping upon) and surprisingly enough, pretty damn fine at that too!

The liners ARE a tad on the pain in the ass side to get in and out, but the fasters (loop and snap) are color coded so their little chance of screwing it up. Looks great too.

I picked up the Venture air pants and their just fantastic too. Though they don't 'hang' like they do in the pics. Then again, no armoured pants really do unless your spending big bucks.

Bought all my stuff through newenough.com

Sizing is a bit of a crap shoot, they do run a little large owing to the removable linings. Mine is perfect with everything in, but a tad on the loose side when just mesh.

-Steve

My wife bought the Intake at NewEnough.com and I bought the Intake-2 from a local shop. I can't tell the difference between them. They are nice mesh jackets.

Thanks for the replies!

Think I will give it a try.

I hate to ride in shirt sleeves and shorts, but it is tempting at 90+ degrees.

May try the pants as well.

Anyone know of any other discount vendors?

I have the Intake Air 2 as well, excellent jacket.

I have the Venture Air pants. They are good too, but the knee armor rides on the insides of my knees. A bit annoying. Also, they would be better if they had the elastic snaps on the calfs to take up the extra slack, like the Intake Air sleeves have. That would be really great.

Anyone know of any other discount vendors?
I really like tonker.com I checked their site. they list your jacket for $145. If you contact them via phone or email, you'll probably get a code for additional 5% off--maybe more.

https://tonker.com/store/Tourmaster_Inake_Air_2_Jacket.html

I have the Tourmaster Flex 2 jacket. I really like it. Also very versatile with zip in/out liner and shell, but not as many visible colors. I guess that's the downside of internet shopping. Hard to truly compare. The Flex jacket has corresponding pants. Just ordered them this week. Hope to have them by the end of the week. Decided I wanted to protect the lower half of my body too.