Trooper modification

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing I don't like is that I can hear air rushing out while coming off idle.
WTF??

Yikes...

Not as bad as it sounds, more like turbulence caused by the new hole. I'm just wondering if cutting the inner pipe a bit more would give the exhaust enough uninterupted flow to reduce, or eliminate, what I'm hearing.
BTG...I think that is the "flutter" a few of us have mentioned. I think it's from the exhaust hitting the pipe surrounding the hole, bouncing around and then coming through. From the YouTube clip above, I'm betting the best bet to cure that is Gerauld's tail cones. I don't think cutting the pipes farther back would make any difference.

Trooper - Great mod. Now your FNG status will include coconspirator, known as the “FJR Trooper Exhaust Mod” Federal crimes.

HRZ - Great sound bite! That bad boy sounds like a pipey 4 into 1, pretty cool.

Now for all you Kool-Aid drinkers...

All ya'll just broke Federal Law by modifying your stock exhaust! The local FBI will be paying you a visit. :dribble: All will now need stock exhaust. :eek: I just so happen to buy all the spare stock exhaust in the US of A. I'll sell cheap to you, my pals on the forum. ;)

Bust will get a harsher sentence since his exhaust crime included sheep from another state.

:p

Last edited by a moderator:
I got two Oliver north quotes,-i was authorized to do everything I did. And I trust in the lord and a good lawyer.- oh yeah I don't drive my bike on the road, thus don't need inspection...ha.

Heck, here is another, "bill Clinton is not my commander-in-chief." How bout I don't recall...

Add another satisfied customer to the Trooper Mod list. I did it this afternoon and then went for a ride with my wife following me on her VFR. She said it does not sound that loud and actually sounds better than it used to. Glad I made the jump. Thanks for letting everyone know about it Trooper.

Hi .. my name is Roger and I'm a Trooper Mod convert :lol:

Finished it about 2 hours ago -- took about an hour of time and 2 1/2 Dremel cut-off discs.

I like the sound a lot :yahoo: --- Thanks for instigating this one Trooper :clapping:

And so it begins. I figured all it would take is one of us old feckers to entice ya's

I knew this would happen.. :lol:

Lemmings.jpg

Gary said in one of his posts, to PM him if you are interested in buying them. I think he is considering it if the demand is there.

Hi Gerauld, will you be producing your exquisite tail cones in the near future?

Best regards

Surly

:ph34r:
Best if you PM Gerauld directly O surly one, if you really want an answer...

I believe Garauld also started up his tail cone thread again...so you might want to post in that thread for cones.

:yahoo: :yahoo:
Roger, do you like the Trooper mod -as is-

...or do you feel it needs the aftermarket exhaust cones?

From the soundfiles, I like the more growly/snarly sound of the Trooper mod without the cone.

:yahoo: :yahoo:
Roger, do you like the Trooper mod -as is-

...or do you feel it needs the aftermarket exhaust cones?

From the soundfiles, I like the more growly/snarly sound of the Trooper mod without the cone.
Mark, I'm really pleased with the mod. "as is" It sounds much better than Bogus's sound file led me to believe, and his sound file made my mind up initially. The tailcones will give it a "finished" look though, and without sacrificing most of the improvement made by the mod.

Gotta look good you know :rolleyes:

Good job Trooper. This will go down in the forum annals (for Bust it might be anals with a shave) and will always be known as the TEM (Trooper Exhaust Mod).

I now am an expert at re-welding said part back on to be legal. Kind of like getting your virginity back. Like beemerdons has done. :D

I now am an expert at re-welding said part back on to be legal. Kind of like getting your virginity back. Like beemerdons has done. :D

????? Me too.

????? Me too. Do you like it?