UPDATE - DUE To impending severe weather the PNW Fall Tech Meet #17 - October 22nd

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would LOVE to be there, my friend. But it aint gonna happen this year. Like --G, on other occasions, this is my on-call...

The last I'd want to see is FJRay in a hospital gown. Jsns
wink.png
weirdsmiley.gif

--G

Coming oil change and supposedly need to check the valves. Just hit 29k. Anything else major I should consider?

Last edited by a moderator:
Coming oil change and supposedly need to check the valves. Just hit 29k. Anything else major I should consider?
I wouldn't try to do a valve check at the tech meet. We have done them in the past, but it is a bit too much. We can set you up with someone that can help you do it at another time if it something you want to do or need guidance.

Time for the Spring gathering, bench racing and tech day. Saturday October 15th at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM. (Cost is $10 includes lunch and helps with shop consumables) PLEASE Respond to the thread if you are coming so we can get a head count for lunch.
Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish.

Maintenance suggested so far are:

Grounding system

Tire changes (Derek Weaver tire machine) for those who need to (please take your used tires with you to the recycle - Les Schwab will take then for a nominal fee)

TBS

PAIR system block off

Various electrical and electronic additions

Brake system flush - please RSVP this

Fork rebuilds

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, there are a couple of motels in Auburn about 5 miles away (La Quinta Inn and a Pepper Tree Best Western).

Lunch - snacks, pull pork sandwich, salad, and soda. Bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

There will be a swap meet also. Bring your stuff you want to trade or sell.

Attendees: (Please RSVP that you are coming for a head count on the food)

AuburnFJR & Mrs.

Niehart +2

Beamer Reamer & Mrs.

escapefjrtist

Hudson

Panman

Fontanaman

fjrwalker

audiowize

PigPen

samamoto

harper

JamesW

ahchiu

SeattleTy

Harald

wingshot

n2osx

juniorfjr

RoadTrip

chazglenn3

greysabor

AdamK

ChrisCVo

allrider

redneckj

JohnnyB

squadFiftyOne

paramonkreel

List updated

weather is looking pretty wet for this one. Hope the forecast changes

Hey Brian, I don't see me on your list. I still plan on coming, but in the cage because of just bringing my shocks in for a rebuild

Time for the Spring gathering, bench racing and tech day. Saturday October 15th at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM. (Cost is $10 includes lunch and helps with shop consumables) PLEASE Respond to the thread if you are coming so we can get a head count for lunch.
Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish.

Maintenance suggested so far are:

Grounding system

Tire changes (Derek Weaver tire machine) for those who need to (please take your used tires with you to the recycle - Les Schwab will take then for a nominal fee)

TBS

PAIR system block off

Various electrical and electronic additions

Brake system flush - please RSVP this

Fork rebuilds

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, there are a couple of motels in Auburn about 5 miles away (La Quinta Inn and a Pepper Tree Best Western).

Lunch - snacks, pull pork sandwich, salad, and soda. Bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

There will be a swap meet also. Bring your stuff you want to trade or sell.

Attendees: (Please RSVP that you are coming for a head count on the food)

AuburnFJR & Mrs.

Niehart +2

Beamer Reamer & Mrs.

escapefjrtist

Hudson

Panman

Fontanaman

fjrwalker

audiowize

PigPen

samamoto

harper

JamesW

ahchiu

SeattleTy

Harald

wingshot

n2osx

juniorfjr

RoadTrip

chazglenn3

greysabor

AdamK

ChrisCVo

allrider

redneckj

JohnnyB

squadFiftyOne

paramonkreel

pnkrkr4lif

Updated

Hey Brian, I don't see me on your list. I still plan on coming, but in the cage because of just bringing my shocks in for a rebuild
gotcha

I wouldn't try to do a valve check at the tech meet. We have done them in the past, but it is a bit too much. We can set you up with someone that can help you do it at another time if it something you want to do or need guidance.
Kk... I'm also looking to replace my glovebox if I can get the replacement part in in time. Would love some help with pulling / replacing the front cowling. Any other things I should do while I'm in there?

I'm driving, as cold as it is, I could be seeing snow.
This is a day that many who don't have any maintenance to do might want to looking at the forecast. While not too bad in Auburn, some of the outlying areas are supposed to get it pretty hard.