UPDATE - DUE To impending severe weather the PNW Fall Tech Meet #17 - October 22nd

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome day. Good weather, riding, food and friends!

And I not saying that just because I took one of Marrisa's pies home.
punk.gif

Superb day. The forum is outstanding but getting together and getting to converse face to face with folks is really a pleasure. Got to chat with several folks much to my enjoyment, and a big slice of apple pie. The hosting was excellent, and I got my hugs. Looking fwd to next spring already. Many thanks.

Thanks for hosting the get together today, Brian. It was good to finally meet some of you guys (as long as I've been here on the forum, this is the first time I've actually met any other members)...even if I wasn't "officially" there (since I didn't ride down that poopshoot you call a driveway
haha.gif
).
No guts no glory...we have only had two tip overs in all the years and both were people who got short legged getting on their bikes.
It really wasn't that bad (except walking up it -- me being a smoker and all lol). I just had to make it sound worse than it really is to make myself feel better about not "officially" being there :D

Truth be told, I started to come on down the drive, but it looked like there was already enough bikes down there and I didn't want to block any of the stalls in the garage. I didn't know if we'd be wheeling bikes in and out of the shop, and I didn't want to have my steed in the way of progress.

Thanks again for hosting this. I'll definitely be trying to make the next one, too (whenever that is).

Marissa and Brian, Thanks for hosting. You sure know how to put on a Tech day. I now have some names and faces to go along with names on the forums. It was great for me, I learned more than I expected and got to ride over Chinook pass for the first time. Thanks!

Thank you Bryan and Marissa for hosting the tech meet, it was outstanding! And so were the people there, great to see everyone again :)

While you guys were taking bikes apart and kicking tires, I was stuck in classes all weekend. How about some more pictures to make a guy feel worse. :)

Didn't take any pictures but if it makes you feel better, I stopped in Fall City and had a couple of beers with the two Dave's.

Mixed feelings about missing the tech day. I was really looking forward to meeting some of the new forum members and hanging with the old timers, but I had a last minute opportunity for a tech day of sorts at my home.

A chimney on my house that was sided with crappy Weyerhauser siding 20 years ago gave up the ghost and was in desperate need of replacement. My buddy the very busy sider had time available this weekend, so I became a apprentice sider that got to run up and down ladders with freshly cut Hardie plank siding. ;) After tear off we also found rot and mold in the sheeting and framing so it took ALL weekend to complete. :(

I've been thinking about it all weekend....that was the best split pea soup I've ever had!

I learned stuff about trailers, the coolest new power distribution options, and got the 411 on the used '14 ES I just bought from the farklers that made it such a great buy.

Only thing I missed was somebody mounting up the PR4-GT. I wanted to get a sense if it might be something I could tackle on my Harbor Freight with a Mojo bar.

Thanks Bryan and Marissa for hosting yet another hugely successful FJR event.

Last edited by a moderator:
But next year make the meeting a tad bit earlier in the season and give notice well in advance… That pie was inviting!

So if you all ask me, "Who invited you ?" I will reply, "The pie !"
punk.gif

Looked like a great time !

Last edited by a moderator:
But next year make the meeting a tad bit earlier in the season and give notice well in advance… That pie was inviting!So if you all ask me, "Who invited you ?" I will reply, "The pie !"
punk.gif

Look like a great time !
Which is better Spring of fall for you?

Mounting the pr4gt was a piece of cake. I could tell when I pushed the first bead over the rim by hand that something was different. I ask, "is this pr4 a GT ???" Peter said "yes".

The tire went on easily. You could spoon on one at home but Bryan's machine sure does make it easy.

I will only add that even though I made only about 200 miles so far I sure am happy to have good thread on the back with the puddles (lakes) on the streets this evening.