VStrom hand guard question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I am also looking for some of Suzuki hand guards, Does anyone know of a dealer that sell them at a fair market price? I have a Sukui accesories book that I picked up and they list at $49.95. I asssume that is both with all the hard ware? i Is this a good price? thanks and I look forward to all the comments that come in refering to the hand guards..

weekend rider :D

Are the handguards FJRGOODIES sell the ones that fit the mirror or true handguards? They say the guards are FJR specific & sell for $55....

Yes I am also looking for some of Suzuki hand guards, Does anyone know of a dealer that sell them at a fair market price? I have a Sukui accesories book that I picked up and they list at $49.95. I asssume that is both with all the hard ware? i Is this a good price? thanks and I look forward to all the comments that come in refering to the hand guards..

weekend rider :D
The Suzuki accessory catalog lists them for the 650. I did some research on it and the 650 has a clutch cable as oposed to hydraulic. The lever mount will be different and I'm assuming that the kit won't work for us. True or False?

The Suzuki accessory catalog lists them for the 650. I did some research on it and the 650 has a clutch cable as oposed to hydraulic. The lever mount will be different and I'm assuming that the kit won't work for us. True or False?
If you go to FJRGOODIES and order the Vstrom handguard kit for the FJR, or call guru Glenn and ask him for it, you will get the handguards and everything you need to mount the handguards to your FJR. Many of us have successfully mounted them. They fit and they work. The kit is simply a collection of parts that Glenn has put together for us. It is not a factory kit. (I suspect Warchild had a hand in this.)

I emailed yesterday and asked if they had FJR handguards and he said yes---$55. So they are just VStrom makover kits then....interesting....