Waterproof gloves

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Camp Dry is your friend. I use it on boots, gloves, luggage, hats, etc. Sure, it doesn't last forever and needs to be reapplied once or twice per yr but it does the job.

A few years ago at a Whitehorse open house I picked up some tourmaster Elite gloves with a HiPora liner and to this point I have never had wet hands. I'm not shy about riding in rain and no matter how hard it has rained or how long I have been in the rain these gloves have always kept my hands dry. Heck, I even wear these gloves when I run my snow blower and I still remain warm 'n dry. Pricy, but to this point they have always kept me 100% dry.

WINTER_ELITE_II.png

WINTER-ELITE-CURVE_i2.jpg

I use neoprene diving gloves if I'm going to be in a daylong soaker. Completely waterproof, warm and grippy on the wet grips and not too expensive. Not high protection in a crash though. Alternately, rubber over gloves work over any glove if you do not have or wish to purchase a good Gore-Tex (etc.) lined glove.

I have yet to find a pair of gloves that actually keep my hands dry in the rain. And I'm a glove whore.
The only thing I have found that work for me are the Aerostitch Triple-Digit Covers <clicky>.

Yeah, they look kinda dorky but they work.
Thanks!!! You just cost me $53.00!!
Ha ha.... me too. In fact I received a shipping notice about an hour ago... on mothers day?!? I went with fugly orange ones- hard to lose in the bottom of the bag.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've not had a 'waterproof' glove be truly waterproof--I've needed an overglove. I also carry the Aerostitch Triple Digit overglove that I've had for a dozen years or more. Although they're awkward, they do a great job.

I have yet to find a pair of gloves that actually keep my hands dry in the rain. And I'm a glove whore.The only thing I have found that work for me are the Aerostitch Triple-Digit Covers .

Ha ha.... me too. In fact I received a shipping notice about an hour ago... on mothers day?!? I went with fugly orange ones- hard to lose in the bottom of the bag.
Patch and I have those. They suck! They're waterproof, but cause all kinds of issues. Fingers are stuck together and I remember them being a pain in the ass. We put them on at a gas stop in AR somewhere. They sucked so bad, we took them off while still under way, maybe 30 minutes into it. Mine are still rolled up on a shelf.

Who knows, maybe with more time and practice they would work out, but I don't ride in enough rain to go through that. Wish I woulda looked at that link earlier, sorry.

I have yet to find a pair of gloves that actually keep my hands dry in the rain. And I'm a glove whore.

The only thing I have found that work for me are the Aerostitch Triple-Digit Covers .

Patch and I have those. They suck! They're waterproof, but cause all kinds of issues. Fingers are stuck together and I remember them being a pain in the ass. We put them on at a gas stop in AR somewhere. They sucked so bad, we took them off while still under way, maybe 30 minutes into it. Mine are still rolled up on a shelf.

Who knows, maybe with more time and practice they would work out, but I don't ride in enough rain to go through that. Wish I woulda looked at that link earlier, sorry.
Great, now someone owes me some cash....

I will give em a try- who knows maybe they will work for me. I don't look for rain to ride in, but I hate wet cold hands when I do.

I've paid for crappier crap in my life, I am sure this won't be the last time for me if these don't work for me.

The only thing I have found that work for me are the Aerostitch Triple-Digit Covers .

As I said, they work for me. Yah, the first time, they were a bit awkward, but for those of use who aren't princesses like 'Zilla and we actually ride in the rain, they keep your hands dry. Can you do sign language in 'em? Doubt it, but you can ride in the rain and they'll keep your hands dry irregardless of your personal glove of choice.

This exact topic is in every M/C forum, there never is 'the answer'. Never.

I have the prophylactic mitt covers. They work, but it's not the same as just one set doing both.

Camp Dry is your friend. I use it on boots, gloves, luggage, hats, etc. Sure, it doesn't last forever and needs to be reapplied once or twice per yr but it does the job.
Do you use the fabric version for gloves and hats or the heavy duty product?
I use the heavy duty for everything. Pre-planning is needed for adequate drying time, you don't just spray it on and go. For leather boots and gloves allow one full day of drying, two is better.

A few years ago at a Whitehorse open house I picked up some tourmaster Elite gloves with a HiPora liner and to this point I have never had wet hands. I'm not shy about riding in rain and no matter how hard it has rained or how long I have been in the rain these gloves have always kept my hands dry. Heck, I even wear these gloves when I run my snow blower and I still remain warm 'n dry. Pricy, but to this point they have always kept me 100% dry.[img=[URL="https://pg.b5z.net/get/rb5z/s400-*/zirw/1/i/u/10226482/i/ec/WINTER_ELITE_II.png%5D%5Bimg=https://www.tourmaster.com/i/u/10226482/i/gloves/WINTER-ELITE-CURVE_i2.jpg%5D"]https://pg.b5z.net/get/rb5z/s400-*/zirw/1/i/u/10226482/i/ec/WINTER_ELITE_II.png]
WINTER-ELITE-CURVE_i2.jpg
[/URL]
I have these also. Wore them coming back from Michigan a few weeks back in pouring rain, and they worked perfectly keeping my hands warm and dry. Only problem they're not a winter glove. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tour-master-winter-elite-ii-mt-gloves

Current fav is Alpinestars Valparaiso. Two applications of Aquaseal Black Leather at the start of the season. One more time right around now (mid May).

Short gauntlet for tucking into/under riding or rain jacket sleeve. If mother nature is really trying to drown me, the glove goes over the riding jacket cuff, and the rain jacket sleeve goes over the glove. Then the water running down the sleeve does not fill up the gloves.

Very tough to get on if hands are wet. Major PITA.

-Steve

I picked up a pair of Icon PDX waterproof gloves on a whim three years ago although I am not an Icon gear fan. They have not leaked a drop in three years and are comfortable as hell although they have no hardened knuckle protection. They are available for $44.00 on closeout and worth every penny. Now that I see they are on closeout I will have to pick up a back up pair.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/716/33062/Icon-PDX-Waterproof-Motorcycle-Gloves

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/icon-pdx-waterproof-gloves

I picked up a pair of Icon PDX waterproof gloves on a whim three years ago although I am not an Icon gear fan. They have not leaked a drop in three years and are comfortable as hell although they have no hardened knuckle protection. They are available for $44.00 on closeout and worth every penny. Now that I see they are on closeout I will have to pick up a back up pair.
https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/716/33062/Icon-PDX-Waterproof-Motorcycle-Gloves

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/icon-pdx-waterproof-gloves
Was hot to trot until I read this review:

Quote'. multimotors: Read my review (multimotors). My hands were soaked in 10 minutes of riding in light rain. Then to make matters worse, the inner liner fits loosely in the glove, so one I pull my hand OUT wet, I couldn't get the liner to line up well with the shell to put my hand BACK IN and complete my ride. Wait this one out, ICON is going to have to change these things because the do NOT keep your hands dry. 'Unquote

The search for the Holy Grail continues!

I just use the big rubber overgloves, and they get put on UNDER the rainsuit to keep water from running down inside. Sure they don't breathe but if you are in rain you usually are pretty cool anyway.