We Lost a Friend

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just happened apon the video that was made in Andrews honour. That lend me to this thread.

I never met Andrew but I did read his postings and enjoy his pictures and sense of humour. I did PM him a few times and felt through those letters he was a really good person. Seeing the pictures posted here I can tell he touched a lot of people's lives in more ways that even he knew he did.

So sad! I wish there was more ......... Wave my magic wand and make it all better :cry:

Tom

Just came across this terrible news.

As with many, I never had the privilege of meeting Andrew, but I loved his ride reports, a combination of wit and photography that always made me wish for more.

All I can do is to offer my condolences to Sherri and the rest of his family, and add my hopes that, if there is an afterlife, he enjoys it as much as he obviously enjoyed this one.

Sherri,
I am so sorry for your loss. I have never met either of you, but over time felt that I knew you both through this forum.

They say you can tell a lot about a man by what his friends say. After reading through these ten pages, no one could doubt what a special

couple Andrew and Sherri are.

I have tasted the bitter fruit you are now having to endure, and all I can say is that it will slowly get better.

The wonderful memories you two made together will always be a comfort and blessing to you.

To anyone else reading this; Never pass up the chance to tell and show your loved ones how much you love them.

Sometimes there is no tomorrow.

John
Sherri,

This post by Dudewado pretty much sums it up.... I hope and pray that you know that what you have lost and that which you can never have back in this life was someone that loved you dearly. I see it in his eyes in the photos that I have seen of both of you together. I really think he cherished you and his love of life with you. His love of everything else was secondary.......but who am I?

This is truly sad news and our deepest sympathy goes out to his family. He will surely be missed here on the forum as he was a great contributor to this board.

This was difficult to read this morning. I never met Andrew but felt like i knew him through this board and reading his posts.

I'm sorry...tears rolled down my face in reading about all of the memories Andrew was a part of.

Donation sent.... :-(

I met Andrew in Park City. I'm very shocked to see this thread first thing this morning.

I don't know what to say other than, I'm sorry to hear this and my prayers go out.

Erik

As Andrew was a USAF veteran and participating member of the Patriot Guard Riders, I submitted an obituary notice on their website. The thread can be viewed here.

The Measure of a Man

The measure of a man

Lies not in stature or standing.

It is not told by the scale

Or found in territories expanding.

The matter is not in the count

Of every brick that is laid.

It is not found in the accolades

Or the trophies that will fade.

Title may have its privilege,

But is little more than a resplendent name,

And position grants no authority

To any extraordinary claim.

Unimportant is the magnitude

Of even fortunes laid in gold,

But there us a definable standard

Though the value is yet untold.

There is but one accurate measure

That is true till all time ends.

The measure of a man

Is weighed in the hearts of friends.

[SIZE=8pt]David E. Hartley[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Life is a story of volumes three.

The past, the present, the yet to be.

The first we have finished and laid away.

The second we are reading, day by day.

The third and final of the three,

Is locked from sight, God keeps the key.

Rest in Peace

Flint

I met Andrew at WFO-6. I have one picture of him in the registration room when I was signing in. He had the biggest smile that I've ever seen. That is the memory I have of him. RIP Andrew.

Like some others...........I have no real words of comfort, I wish I did. God speed Andrew!

I found out this devastating news yesterday. I haven't posted up until now because I really didn't know what to say.

Andrew wasn't a personal friend. I read his very many ride reports, essays & looked at his photographs.

I do have a personally fond memory of him, though: a few months ago he posted looking for a vet for the little Scrub Jay that his cat had mamed. We had PM'd back & forth about the little dude... & then he ended up adopting the little bird into his family.

I remember being so touched by his kindness & selflessness. "What a kind & gentle person he must be" was what I was thinking.

We have lost a great person from this earth. My heartfelt thoughts and condolences go out to Sherri, all family members & all friends. I cannot even start to imagine what you are going through.

Heidi

Although not a personal friend , I felt through the forum that I somehow knew him after all. May God go with you Andrew, we will all miss you.......

I met Andrew at WFO-6 and he surely was someone you like right off the bat. We talked about his interest in riding up here to Nova Scotia and I had really hoped to be able to show him around.

Best wishes to his family.

gypsy

Being a new member to this group, I never had the opportunity to meet Andrew. But, I did have the pleasure of reading some of his postings. I was inspired the first time that I saw his avatar photo, then later I found a larger version of it, and I added it to my collection of pictures. Being originally from the northwest, I always feel at home amongst the towering trees, and Andrew's picture brought that feeling of home back to me. Thanks for sharing it, Andrew. RIP.

John

His posts and photographs were always insightful.....while I never was fortunate to meet him, I feel a great loss today. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Like many here, I never met Andrew but enjoyed his intelligence, wit, and willingness to go out of his way to help others. I believe he's in a better place now and we will all see him again. May seem like a cliche, but Sherri, he will live on in you and your kids. You'll see him in what he taught you and what you learned by the example he set. God Bless you all.

I just remembered I bought Andrew's vstream shield, bought it from him last spring, hasn't been off my bike since. An appropriate item of Andrew's, an item through which his vision continues down the road on 2 wheels. I need to find a place where they can print me up a tiny sticker to put on the bottom of the shield since it was 1st his. In memory............"Watch your temper, I have cows!" any website suggestions anyone??

OVFJR, We will miss you our brother. Know that we will continue to look out for each other and love each other until it is our time. My condolences to all his family, including this forum. Godspeed Andrew. We were blessed and we are thankful to have rubbed electrons with ya. I'm going for a ride.

Blessings,

Bobby

Status
Not open for further replies.