Well, I went and did it

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amarak

Reaction score
Rode into Vancouver Pro Caliber and saw they had a 2013 on the floor. It was their demo. I had to have it, so I got a good offer on my 2010 and bought the other one they had in a crate in the back.

Waiting to go pick her up today. Will miss the Gen II, but looking forward to the Gen III. The whole layout is just nice.

I sure like the new look, but will stick with my old POS 07 for a while longer. Have fun worring about when the first scratch or dent will occur. You now will suffer with NBSD (new bike stress disorder) for a while. Mine was very short, a weed eater fell off the hook and whacked the tank about three days after getting it home. Better luck to you.

Thank you Spud.

And NWRR, I already have that stress. Luckily, when I bought my 2010, it was new. It had a few large scratches on it from the dealership unpacking it. I got a great deal on it, of course. I figured it saved me from worrying as I knew I would scratch it myself, given enough time.

This bike, so far, is in the crate. I did ask that they not allow that same kid to touch it :)

As for the look, I really like it. The back is virtually the same, but I love the daytime running lights and LED turn signals.

The best that ever happened is the local dealer went out of business, I'm no longer tempted. Congrats on the new ride, they're pretty.

Shawn, Congrats on the new ride. I'm still on the Gen 1's. We need to get together for a ride, being in the Couve and all. How about Friday 4/12? I will be riding with a couple other guys to Clatskanie then the Eldeberry Inn at Jewell Junction.

Congrats!

Come on up to Tech Day next month so we can check out the new ride...
coolsmiley02.gif

--G

Shawn, Congrats on the new ride. I'm still on the Gen 1's. We need to get together for a ride, being in the Couve and all. How about Friday 4/12? I will be riding with a couple other guys to Clatskanie then the Eldeberry Inn at Jewell Junction.
Thanks, Ken. I would love to do that ride. Feel free to send me some info on time and which Chevron to meet up at ;) I cannot wait to get this bike into some twisties!!

Latest posts