Western FJR Riders Roundup

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time to start thinking about Official Shirts for the Western FJRiders Roundup next July in Reno, this submittal is from a fine Irish friend of mine. I am aware that she is not as sexy as FJRay, but all in all she is not bad either!

I will take one of those shirts! Get them made! JS&NS!!

One of the famous California passes will be riding at the 2014 FJRiders Western Roundup is the Sonora Pass, videos are courtesy of Bill Harr of Stockton, CA - K1600 Forum Member.

Video and Trailer.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the famous California passes will be riding at the 2014 FJRiders Western Roundup is the Sonora Pass, videos are courtesy of Bill Harr of Stockton, CA - K1600 Forum Member.
What? B Don is back on the Forum? What have I missed?

Nice videos, gave me a Hardy Har Harr!
biggrin.png

Just rode mount rose highway nice road if it's not busy , like yesterday. . Not as good as Sonora or ebbetts, Im hoping to attend, have booked a room, but it's a ways off, so plans may change.

True July is HOT in that area.....too early for me to decide.

HEY BUG.....those are good room rates, did you negotiate those or are they regular price??

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I'll be making it up there twice in a couple months, plus it's more warmerer in July. Too many bugs... Doug.....
wink.png
You're a weenie.
tongue.png
What she said!

HEY BUG.....those are good room rates, did you negotiate those or are they regular price??
That's the regular price. As for heat, well it could be on the toasty side but the Sierra's are only 20 minutes away where it's much nicer with some elevation. The riding will be worth it.

I don't think I'll be making it up there twice in a couple months, plus it's more warmerer in July. Too many bugs... Doug.....
wink.png
You're a weenie.
tongue.png
What she said!

That's the regular price. As for heat, well it could be on the toasty side but the Sierra's are only 20 minutes away where it's much nicer with some elevation. The riding will be worth it.
If I may Doug I'd like to make a clarification, that's the current price if you use the Western Village website. I was told by WV Management this rate will start climbing up the closer it gets to July, so Papa Chuy Viejo's recommendation is to reserve your room now and cancel it later if you have to! jes' sayin' and nuff said.

NOTE: I was going to call our FJRBluesman a total Dickhead, but I am so pleased and very happy that we went with the kinder and gentler appellation of "weenie"!

Thanks for the heads up Don. I just checked and the rooms have gone up 10.00 a night . Book now in case the rates climb higher by next summer!

You can always cancel 24 hours ahead if need be.

$49 59.99 Sunday-Thursday As of 10- 30- 13 The rates are climbing, don't delay-Book now

$79 89.99 Friday-Saturday
I just made my reservation and the rates were the original ones you posted ($49 / $79). Maybe they tagged on an extra $10 because they knew it was Don...
wink.png
Or maybe they took $10 off because they knew it was you.

$49 59.99 Sunday-Thursday As of 10- 30- 13 The rates are climbing, don't delay-Book now

$79 89.99 Friday-Saturday
I just made my reservation and the rates were the original ones you posted ($49 / $79). Maybe they tagged on an extra $10 because they knew it was Don...
wink.png
I called and checked the rates. As of now the cheaper rate is internet booking only so you can still get the better rate by using the net