WFO 'Playas'

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/busi...at=AOLServiceWx

Hombre, I can't wait until 0300 hours this Wednesday morning to leave for WFO. It's over 100 degrees right now at midnight in Phoenix and it is going to be 112 today and for the rest of the week here in Maricopa County, Arizona.

Weatherman is showing Moscow as 20 to 25 degrees cooler than Chandler. Thank God for Idaho and cooler temps!

https://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/busi...at=AOLServiceWx
Hombre, I can't wait until 0300 hours this Wednesday morning to leave for WFO. It's over 100 degrees right now at midnight in Phoenix and it is going to be 112 today and for the rest of the week here in Maricopa County, Arizona.

Weatherman is showing Moscow as 20 to 25 degrees cooler than Chandler. Thank God for Idaho and cooler temps!
Yebbutt....you're going to cross many miles of hot open country to get to Moscow. Lessee...uhm....Nevada or Utah should be "fun"! :dribble:

You guys ride safe and have a great trip. :yahoo:

madmike2: Sure wish you were able to make this one Brother, I always enjoy seeing you and riding with you at FJR events!

Old Michael, Take heart my friend. I see a number of Mc's, and O' and a Stanley. At least there'll be decent Irishmen there!

madmike2: Sure wish you were able to make this one Brother, I always enjoy seeing you and riding with you at FJR events!
Old Michael, Take heart my friend. I see a number of Mc's, and O' and a Stanley. At least there'll be indecent Irishmen there!

fixed....

You boys have fun now y'hear?

I can't go and it didn't hurt too much untill you made me realize how much beer and fun I'm missing!

Wish I could be there, have fun and ride safe and think of me moving my daughter back in so she can have take two at advanced education.

I suppose, even in the next life, I'll pick children over motorcycles, some fools never learn.

The good news is I think I've got another 7 or 8 years of riding left in me and I may just outlast my kids propensity for an extended childhood.

Got back from WFO8 about noon. What a great time! After all that fun and mayhem I had to update my avatar to more realistically portray how I get new darksiders to join. ;)

Got back about the same time as OC. Thanks for a good ride back Eric!

And thanks to everyone else for another great rally!

Thanks to the WFO8 rally team! Great job everybody!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I'm still here, my FJR looks pretty lonely in the parking lot all by itself...

My wife and daughter drove out to join me for an extra day so I got to take our Saab 95 Aero on spiral highway twice today on the way to Costco and back.

Heading home tomorrow the long way via spiral highway, rattlesnake grade, Yakima, Mt Rainier.

See ya next year...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just rolled in.

7 trips up/down spiral highway on the way out of town (not a single person on the road - had it all to myself)

Almost the same on rattlesnake grade, I had to pass two cars on the way out of Lewiston but after that I didn't catch another sole along the way until Enterprise.

A bit over 650 miles of smiles :)

Time for a nap.

Great job to kaitsdad and the entire WFO staff - thanks for the fun!

I guess this is kind of late, but I rolled in about 11:30 pm on Tuesday night, the 4th. After I dropped my wife off at the airport I booked across Idaho and Montana to meet up with BeemerdonS and Scooter. I believe we had a fine time. Rode Yellowstone park twice on Monday as well as the Beartooth Highway twice, the Chief Joseph Highway and just totally had a blast.

We split from Don during this day so he could make AZ by Tuesday night. Then Scooter and I holed up in Jackson Wyoming. That was a fun town, and it's too bad we weren't there longer. We were on the bikes by 0630 Tuesday morning and headed south. It was frigging cold. It bottomed out at 39 degrees with fog that was so thick, it was condensing on our helmets. We pushed through and I was never so happy to see 55 degrees register on my screen in my life.

After breakfast in Rock Springs, we again headed south. The roads were great and the good weather held up. The heat topped out at 102 degrees in Grand Junction CO, but hovered in the high 90s after that. After a couple more hours on the road together, Scooter went towards CO and I headed back to NM. It was a 17 hour day on the bike, and loads of fun, but I was glad to be here.

Carrie and I had a great time at WFO and can't wait until the next one. We made some great friends, had lots of laughs, enjoyed the rides and wouldn't trade the experience. It was a total blast.

Thanks all!!!

I guess this is kind of late, but I rolled in about 11:30 pm on Tuesday night, the 4th. After I dropped my wife off at the airport I booked across Idaho and Montana to meet up with BeemerdonS and Scooter. I believe we had a fine time. Rode Yellowstone park twice on Monday as well as the Beartooth Highway twice, the Chief Joseph Highway and just totally had a blast.
We split from Don during this day so he could make AZ by Tuesday night. Then Scooter and I holed up in Jackson Wyoming. That was a fun town, and it's too bad we weren't there longer. We were on the bikes by 0630 Tuesday morning and headed south. It was frigging cold. It bottomed out at 39 degrees with fog that was so thick, it was condensing on our helmets. We pushed through and I was never so happy to see 55 degrees register on my screen in my life.

After breakfast in Rock Springs, we again headed south. The roads were great and the good weather held up. The heat topped out at 102 degrees in Grand Junction CO, but hovered in the high 90s after that. After a couple more hours on the road together, Scooter went towards CO and I headed back to NM. It was a 17 hour day on the bike, and loads of fun, but I was glad to be here.

Carrie and I had a great time at WFO and can't wait until the next one. We made some great friends, had lots of laughs, enjoyed the rides and wouldn't trade the experience. It was a total blast.

Thanks all!!!
It was indeed a fine ride time AJ, mi amigo y mi compadre, it was a real pleasure meeting you and Carrie in person! You're indeed a great FJR riding companion, in spite of your being tight asshole buddies with BustANut and Radio Howie: Los Putos!!

It was indeed a fine ride time AJ, mi amigo y mi compadre, it was a real pleasure meeting you and Carrie in person! You're indeed a great FJR riding companion, in spite of your being tight asshole buddies with BustANut and Radio Howie: Los Putos!!
Hey leave My rectum outa this.... Just a vicious rumor that's all It Is.. :yes:

That damn Howie! I knew I shouldn't have spent the night :blink: Fricken blabber mouth!

:jester:

Bustanut joker: On a complimentary note, I've been to both CFR and WFO and I'm extremely impressed with your wood working skills. Outstanding pieces of lasting art and I know the recipients will treasure these FJR Ride mementoes forever!!!

Bustanut joker: On a complimentary note, I've been to both CFR and WFO and I'm extremely impressed with your wood working skills. Outstanding pieces of lasting art and I know the recipients will treasure these FJR Ride mementoes forever!!!
Too true. I need to put a hanger on mine my plaque to properly display it.

Still, it makes me nervous when Bust says "I've got wood!" :unsure:

:D :D

Hey Thanks guys. Damnit! I didn't put the hanger brackets on 'em? Sheesh I'd demand a refund!! :D

Off subject here.. relating back to a post where something wasn't totally clear. I did a pic for a fella and suggested a light wood (no not a flaccid pecker John!) as opposed to something dark. I've done enough by now to have an idea of what works and what doesn't.

Anyway

002.jpg

He didn't like it. That's almost three hours of labor plus materials. :glare: . Going to make a nice display on the craft show circuit..

Thanks again to all :)

:jester:

I picture Bust.... out in his shop..... latex thong on.... ugh.. I just threw up....

never mind.........

B