What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered the following parts for the upcoming Tech Day in Owosso:

1. Fenda Extenda
  2. Cal-Sci Tinted Shorty Windscreen
  3. Fairing Decal Kit
  4. Reflective Decal for rear of saddlebags.
It may have been a mistake to ship them directly to Bust's since he will probably put them up for sale on E-Bay before I have a chance to install them.

I also ordered the new Touratech locking mount for my Garmin Montana 600 GPS but that is for my WR450F and I have the Garmin City Navigator Europe DVD on its way so that I can map out BeemerDon's Extreme Alpine Adventure. If the rest on the folks on this forum want to chip in I will program BeemerDon's GPS to ride him off a cliff.

Hey Bust Old Buddy, many thanks to you again for selling me the Fenda Extenda, Cal-Sci Tinted Shorty Windscreen, Fairing Decal Kit and the Saddlebag Reflective Decals for such a smoking great price! Barry, you are the best and I will be looking for those items in my mail box!

I mounted my Givi E50 top box. It's not pretty but it sure makes the bike a lot more useful. It was nice to just stuff my jacket in it when I got to work this morning. :rolleyes:

I hauled ass on my way to work. :yahoo:
+1, Gunny; I hear you loud and clear Brother Don, I hauled ass to brunch this morning and after my afternoon nap I'm hauling my fat ass to Applebee's for Happy Hour! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Bust Old Buddy, many thanks to you again for selling me the Fenda Extenda, Cal-Sci Tinted Shorty Windscreen, Fairing Decal Kit and the Saddlebag Reflective Decals for such a smoking great price! Barry, you are the best and I will be looking for those items in my mail box!

Barry screwed up the address and the stuff ended up at my place. Thanks guys :yahoo:

:( Sad day, I've been removing the last few items I'll be keeping off my FJR before it goes to the new owner next month (he's flying out from Wisconsin).

:( Sad day, I've been removing the last few items I'll be keeping off my FJR before it goes to the new owner next month (he's flying out from Wisconsin).
Cheer up Dennis. I know that you are diggin' the carp out of your S10.

And just 'cause you pass it on, doesn't mean it's all over. Your old girl is just moving into another phase of her life.

Just be sure the new owner is worthy, or send him packin'! :p

It will be seeing some rally action this summer, and (if he keeps it one piece) the 2013 IBR! So I'll be seeing it again at the IBA National Meet in Denver. And you're right about the S-T...it will be seeing Prudhoe Bay this summer! :yahoo:

Not just today, but, a Calsci screen and avcc and I'm about ready for the May run to Balltown, CO, via Missouri for niece's hs graduation. Just gotta mod the seat for some better bun time and I'll be ready to roll.

I put these on:

img2593s.jpg

img2594pm.jpg
After seeing PhilJet09' I put these on:

rear%20slider%20hardware.jpg

rear%20slider%20installed.jpg

Nice hardware, very sturdy brackets, and fits and goes together well. Feel much better that my bags may survive a fit of stupidity. Not to bad looking on and no fear of digging in in a lean, if I would ever lean far enough. Doubtful with my riding style.

I like them.

Thank you PhilJet09' for pointing them out.

Got any details on how you mounted the Penske reservoir? I have the GP Suspension bracket on mine (puts it on the other side of the bike) but I know one of the other locals here (bluejag) just bought a Penske without the bracket. Looking for some mounting options for him.

Got any details on how you mounted the Penske reservoir? I have the GP Suspension bracket on mine (puts it on the other side of the bike) but I know one of the other locals here (bluejag) just bought a Penske without the bracket. Looking for some mounting options for him.
It was just the bracket Lee at Traxxion sent me. Not much to it. Goes up behind the two support bolts, and is round on the inside, set rubber blocks in and tighten the hose clamps. Sorry was so long ago I forget eggzactly but I bet you can buy one from Traxxion or GP for that matter. Really was a pretty simple little thing but works nice.

It was just the bracket Lee at Traxxion sent me. Not much to it. Goes up behind the two support bolts, and is round on the inside, set rubber blocks in and tighten the hose clamps. Sorry was so long ago I forget eggzactly but I bet you can buy one from Traxxion or GP for that matter. Really was a pretty simple little thing but works nice.
Thanks for the reply. I do like that yours sets the reservoir inside of the rear footpeg bracket. The GP mount has it on the outside, like so:

100_3244.jpg

Shows off the bling a bit more, but I'm not sure how comfy it will be for the little lady this summer (I just put mine on a few weeks ago)

Not a damn thing. Away on a business trip and seeing the wonderful weather reports from home is making me itchy to get back.