What is that noise???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ABS sensor plate was out of position. This caused the front forks to be spaced abnormally wide apart. That created extreme pressure and drag on the fork tubes and bushings.

I hope you did NOT ride the bike much, or at all, with it assembled that way. If so, you will need to diassemble the front forks, do a thorough inspection of the bushings and seals (perhaps replacing some), change the fork fluid etc.

This could really have been BAD! Not to mention what it could have done to the ABS system if the sensor had rotated and ripped the wires loose.

Let's hope it was just a close call and all is back to normal now.

I think it was the black plate thingy.
Wait a minute, aren't you some kind of engineer or something? :p

Glad you found the problem. It would not be fun having your bike in the shop during the last of the riding season.

Hey, this is one of the first posts I've seen lately that no smartbutts chimed in with a stupid comment.....so I had to :lol: . I like the ones with the advice and all seriously.
Here, lemme fix that.

Move your bike forward or backward. Thus allowing the cat to remove it's tail from beneath the tire.

Happy now?

Oh, and I prefer wiseass

:jester:
I am now compleeetly sasified, smartbutt. :crazy:

I don't get it. It's probably it's just as well that I don't understand........

JeffAshe has it right. If you didn't drive the bike far with the Sensor Housing Plate in the wrong position you are probably okay. His best advice: Pull the front wheel and check for aluminum bits near the bearings (In case the spacer part of the housing was "churning" against the bearing). Then turn the bearing slowly with your finger...if it rotates smoothly, all is good.

We've all got our fingers crossed for you.