What Is Your LD Plans for the Year?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SS1K prior to Moonshine Lunch Run in April.

NAFO and EOM in September

The rest is yet to be determined!

Tony, you are a motorcycle riding animal!
punk.gif

May - BBG out to Team Lyle Sliver State Roundup and a BBG back. Won't be attempting a trifecta as I'd rather get a little more shut eye between the rides.

June - Team Strange MN1K

July - ButtLite 7 (my first multi-day rally)

August - dunno yet

Sept - NAFO

Heading to Hyder and then a Canadian loop through Jasper and back home. No cert. rides on this one...in tourist mode the whole way.
Planning a Border-to-Border in the next couple months. B2B will be easy...planning (and riding) for a B2Bi.
smile.png

--G
I suppose you will be making the I-5 route?

I really liked the I-15 route… Ahhh Montana!

I rode the Blaine to San Ysidro route last September. Hyder? You are killing me now- ENJOY!
In the end it'll probably be I-5, but I initially wanted to do the I-15 route. Haven't finalized the ride yet, so I can go either way!

Lucky for us in the PNW, Hyder's only 920ish miles away...gotta do Key West one of these days, perhaps in conjunction with a 50CC?!?
coolsmiley02.gif

--G

Heading to Hyder and then a Canadian loop through Jasper and back home. No cert. rides on this one...in tourist mode the whole way.
Planning a Border-to-Border in the next couple months. B2B will be easy...planning (and riding) for a B2Bi.
smile.png

--G

I rode the Blaine to San Ysidro route last September. Hyder? You are killing me now- ENJOY!
In the end it'll probably be I-5, but I initially wanted to do the I-15 route. Haven't finalized the ride yet, so I can go either way!

Lucky for us in the PNW, Hyder's only 920ish miles away...gotta do Key West one of these days, perhaps in conjunction with a 50CC?!?
coolsmiley02.gif

--G
I-15 is sooo sweet !!! Sweepers with scenic views around every bend. The southern end is best to do in the daylight as you will hit some 2 lane roads with a tricky bump near the railroad tracks.

Easy border crossing into Algodones, Mexico. Gas station down about 6 roads to the right IIRC. Don't leave your gloves on the bike when you go into pay.
rolleyes.gif
AND the kid on the street needs to

use full disclosure- His "Sister is too young" to be taking him up on his offer.
angel.gif

Key West… You have a place to stage for the ride here in West Palm Beach.

smile.png

--G

coolsmiley02.gif

--G
I-15 is sooo sweet !!! Sweepers with scenic views around every bend. The southern end is best to do in the daylight as you will hit some 2 lane roads with a tricky bump near the railroad tracks.

Easy border crossing into Algodones, Mexico. Gas station down about 6 roads to the right IIRC. Don't leave your gloves on the bike when you go into pay.
rolleyes.gif
AND the kid on the street needs to

use full disclosure- His "Sister is too young" to be taking him up on his offer.
angel.gif

Key West… You have a place to stage for the ride here in West Palm Beach.
Exactly the crossing I was looking at Tony. I need to take another look at I-15 now, could end up with a nice big oval loop from home.

Very generous offer for staging...careful, I might take you up on it!

--G

smile.png

--G

coolsmiley02.gif

--G
Again? Hope you have time to get Hyderized this time.

DSCN3913.jpg

I got nothing planed so far so keep me in the loop for the B to B.

Last edited by a moderator:
May - Team Lyle Silver State Round UpJune - Poison & 10n10

July - How the West Was Won

August - Denver Meet

October - BigTex

Probably a couple of shorter events somewhere in there.

-Erik
Erik- Are you starting in SLC?

I am riding this rally, but might start in West Palm Beach to save time & money… and give up the points
uhoh.gif
I'll have to see the rally pack.

My understanding was that we could always choose to start in SLC, so if there is some sort of very large advantage to starting there then I'll consider it. I originally planned to start in SLC because I enjoy the pre-event festivities but reconsidered when Poison came up since we start the Thursday after Poison. As of right now, I'm starting at home in Northern California. I feel for everyone starting on the east coast though. With a 10am start time in Salt Lake, that makes it a noon start on the east coast. I'd much rather start earlier in the morning rather than waiting around.

I'm really hoping that with the remote start, that we have some mid-rally checkpoint early in the event to gather up the field. Seems that would be one of the easier ways to even things out points wise.
The Bad news is:

From my understanding… Our starting point must be chosen PRIOR to the release of the bonus info.

AND

Those starting on the east coast will miss timed bonus' that are planned.
An email to the rallymaster has verified that you're correct. We have to declare our starting point prior to seeing the rally pack. He says that the points should be even so I need to decide if the extra day of vacation (and miss out on the pre-rally bbq) or two days (and attend the bbq) are worth it. Part of me wants to take the day, visit with friends and give everyone an opportunity to point and laugh when I screw the pooch on the odo check.

May: Mason Dixon 20-20 and Peace ,Love and Sanity rallies

June: Planning our first Saddle Sore, possibly Minuteman 1000

Sept: Upstate New York finger lakes and Adirondaks areas

Oct: Void rally

My plans for 2014:

AZ SS1K (completed in FEB 2014)

Tour of Honor in April (completed in APR 2014)

100CCC (completed in MAY 2014)

SS3K

Last edited by a moderator:
Leave in late Aug for my 50 / 60 / 70 ride. Four Corners.

Portland to Hyder, AK to Sydney, NS to Key West to San Diego and back to Portland. 50 states and provinces, 60 days, in my 70th year. This will be a smell the roses, take lots of pictures, avoid freeways, avoid chain restaurants and see most of Canada and the US. Guestimate around 16000 miles.

I will post a new thread for it in a few weeks so folks can contribute routing ideas, places to see, eat great food, clean cheap motels and other good stuff.

Ralph

So far the only future plans are to attempt my first SS1K in May, and a 5 day southern Utah camp trip towards the end of next month. After that I have nothing planned.... yet.

Leave in late Aug for my 50 / 60 / 70 ride. Four Corners.
Portland to Hyder, AK to Sydney, NS to Key West to San Diego and back to Portland. 50 states and provinces, 60 days, in my 70th year. This will be a smell the roses, take lots of pictures, avoid freeways, avoid chain restaurants and see most of Canada and the US. Guestimate around 16000 miles.

I will post a new thread for it in a few weeks so folks can contribute routing ideas, places to see, eat great food, clean cheap motels and other good stuff.

Ralph
I am REALLY looking forward to hearing how this trip of your's progresses.....and may I add, with a green hue of envy.

That sounds like such an awesome trip.

Looks like we will now be doing a fly and ride from Phoenix to Indy, 1700 miles, the weekend of April 5-6th. Found a 2009 with 70k miles and some farkles for a great price! Gonna de-farkle, reinstall oem parts then sell it for a little profit.
punk.gif
bike.gif

Planning to run a few rallies. The Butt Lite will be my first multi-day rally. Will probably put in a SS1K getting out to Minn for the start.

April Cape Fear Rally

May Mason Dixon 20-20 Rally

July Butt Lite Rally

Sept Rendezvous Rally (Montreal)

Oct The VOID Rally

Latest posts