What Is Your LD Plans for the Year?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MTF organized SS1000. My first taste of IBA LD Ride.

Need to get me an IBA #.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well my plans have been rapidly changing as the seasons progress. I received ultimatum from the wife to wrap things up sooner than later. My goal was to ride (10 ) - 10/10ths rides. I missed one in last years IBR so...
I will be riding the 10n10 (5 and dime) rally next month. It will end up in Salt Lake City, and immediately after the rally I will attempt another 10/10ths for a 20/20ths. The longest month was shot down, but another 10/10ths in September will put me at 9. So all will be good...

Well my plans have been rapidly changing as the seasons progress. I received ultimatum for the wife to wrap things up sooner than later. My goal was to ride (10 ) - 10/10ths rides. I missed one in last years IBR so...I will be riding the 10n10 (5 and dime) rally next month. It will end up in Salt Lake City, and immediately after the rally I will attempt another 10/10ths for a 20/20ths. The longest month was shot down, but another 10/10ths in September will put me at 9. So all will be good...
Doesn't sound so bad Tony. At least she didn't let the air out of your tires this very second. Still letting you complete some of your bigger rides you had planned. Most likely it tears her apart some knowing how you ride and push yourself through so much back pain.

Maybe it's nearing that time to smell some of them roses riding two-up. You've mentioned that yourself a time or two.

I know for myself, if I don't do something ridiculous like placing in the top 10 in the BL7, wife (mine) and I are thinking about a nice ride up to Banff summer of '15. So often I've ridden somewheres and hope that someday my wife will be with the next time I revisit it.

Either way though, ultimatums kinda suck. They never seem to be on your own terms.

Well my plans have been rapidly changing as the seasons progress. I received ultimatum for the wife to wrap things up sooner than later. My goal was to ride (10 ) - 10/10ths rides. I missed one in last years IBR so...I will be riding the 10n10 (5 and dime) rally next month. It will end up in Salt Lake City, and immediately after the rally I will attempt another 10/10ths for a 20/20ths. The longest month was shot down, but another 10/10ths in September will put me at 9. So all will be good...
Maybe if you hired a better looking pool boy she would encourage your LD trips

alfred-e-newman.jpg

Maybe it's nearing that time to smell some of them roses riding two-up. You've mentioned that yourself a time or two.
I know for myself, if I don't do something ridiculous like placing in the top 10 in the BL7, wife (mine) and I are thinking about a nice ride up to Banff summer of '15. So often I've ridden somewheres and hope that someday my wife will be with the next time I revisit it.

Either way though, ultimatums kinda suck. They never seem to be on your own terms.
Mike, BC is calling you, I can hear it clear down here. Take your wife along with an intercom and count the number of times she says "Wow - look at that"

My wife and I (If were still married) want to do Alaska again. I would fly her up and ride up to meet her. Spend a week or two getting lost.

And Mike… You are very capable of a top ten finish, but be warned…. cause you just might find yourself in New Mexico next summer saying "WHY?!?"

Tony .....that is an amazing number of 10/10 rides. Kudos to you my friend and to a very safe season for you.

Well my plans have been rapidly changing as the seasons progress. I received ultimatum from the wife to wrap things up sooner than later. My goal was to ride (10 ) - 10/10ths rides. I missed one in last years IBR so...I will be riding the 10n10 (5 and dime) rally next month. It will end up in Salt Lake City, and immediately after the rally I will attempt another 10/10ths for a 20/20ths. The longest month was shot down, but another 10/10ths in September will put me at 9. So all will be good...
Clearly in the 'epic' category! My best wishes for success with this.

Well Dan, you have got me entranced with this ride. WYOMING ? I like the selected area! Time of year seems best... I hope you will let me observe this ride (?). I have been considering a hellweek, so I would love to watch someone who is much more planned out than myself do this ride.If you don't go public with your tracking info, please consider letting me follow along. :.)
9-day BBG ride (hopefully!!) starts in one week from today (Sunday) from Moorcroft, WY, and the SPOT page will be public:

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=8bd752f991a908ed4

Well Dan, you have got me entranced with this ride. WYOMING ? I like the selected area! Time of year seems best... I hope you will let me observe this ride (?). I have been considering a hellweek, so I would love to watch someone who is much more planned out than myself do this ride.If you don't go public with your tracking info, please consider letting me follow along. :.)
9-day BBG ride (hopefully!!) starts in one week from today (Sunday) from Moorcroft, WY, and the SPOT page will be public:

Good luck with this insanity :)

Dang!

Will be rooting for you, this is fantastic!

Shane

On Friday I finally got off my lazy ass and rode my first Saddle Sore of the year. My work schedule has prevented me from participating in any rallies this year. To make it a interesting, I did it on my stock 92 Yamaha FJ1200 using a paper map and headed north to Cochrane, Ontario. I love riding in northern Ontario.... black bears, black flies, and moose; out-houses at rest stops; no traffic;.......and no gas. It was a good day!

Sometime this year, I want to get in a Lower Lakes cert ride...

Well my plans have been rapidly changing as the seasons progress. I received ultimatum from the wife to wrap things up sooner than later. My goal was to ride (10 ) - 10/10ths rides. I missed one in last years IBR so...I will be riding the 10n10 (5 and dime) rally next month. It will end up in Salt Lake City, and immediately after the rally I will attempt another 10/10ths for a 20/20ths. The longest month was shot down, but another 10/10ths in September will put me at 9. So all will be good...
The 20/20th Plans have been scrapped. My heart and head are just not into this ride, so I will let this one go.

I will however attempt to ride out the 5 & Dime rally (Formerly the 10n10) and will decide possibilities on the return home from

Salt Lake City.

The 20/20th Plans have been scrapped. My heart and head are just not into this ride, so I will let this one go.

I will however attempt to ride out the 5 & Dime rally (Formerly the 10n10) and will decide possibilities on the return home from

Salt Lake City.
Be safe and remember...without pictures it did not happen!

SEVEN DAYS ....... and counting.

Not sure if I am getting nervous or excited at this point.

To my fellow forumites, safe travels to Minnetonka.

I'd like to say that by next weekend, Noah and his flood will have left the Midwest by then. But I don't think it would matter, we will probably be heading where he's at anyways.

A BBG has been added to my plans. I decided a few days ago that I had to be at the National Meet in Denver so I'll be attempting my first BBG on the ride out there next month.

After that my only LD/rally plans the rest of the year are the Big Tex Rally in October followed two weeks later by the Florida Digital Scavenger Hunt Rally. We'll see if anything else comes up.

Latest posts