What Is Your LD Plans for the Year?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like we will now be doing a fly and ride from Phoenix to Indy, 1700 miles, the weekend of April 5-6th. Found a 2009 with 70k miles and some farkles for a great price! Gonna de-farkle, reinstall oem parts then sell it for a little profit.
punk.gif
bike.gif
Allen - Only a greedy rider would own 2 FJRs because you know 1 is almost impossible to wear out.
greedy.gif
grin.gif

Looks like we will now be doing a fly and ride from Phoenix to Indy, 1700 miles, the weekend of April 5-6th. Found a 2009 with 70k miles and some farkles for a great price! Gonna de-farkle, reinstall oem parts then sell it for a little profit. :punk: :bike:
Allen - Only a greedy rider would own 2 FJRs because you know 1 is almost impossible to wear out. :greedy: … :grin:
Coming from the lips of someone who owns 2 FJRs! Lol

Going to attempt a triple trifecta (9 x BBG's) this coming June.
Dan
Tell us more! States? Base of operations?

Jealous that you have nine days avail for something like this. What a challenge.

Me-lighter year due to work commitments:

Poison

BL7

Partial Denver

Tour of Honor SS or whatever I can squeeze

Going to attempt a triple trifecta (9 x BBG's) this coming June.

Dan
Tell us more! States? Base of operations?

Jealous that you have nine days avail for something like this. What a challenge.

Me-lighter year due to work commitments:

Poison

BL7

Partial Denver

Tour of Honor SS or whatever I can squeeze
Thanks RiderX. It's just nine identical 1,518 mile loops, all inside Wyoming. Base of ops will be in NE WY.

And I'm jealous you're doing Poison this year. It'll be a hell of a lot more fun than my ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks RiderX. It's just nine identical 1,518 miles loops, all inside Wyoming. Base of ops will be in NE WY.
And I'm jealous you're doing Poison this year. It'll be a hell of a lot more fun than my ride.
I'm guessing you'll have a support team to handle maintenance while you rest between loops?

OK, I'm going to up the ante.

I'm gonna ride 57.5 miles to work!

I know, it will be tough, but I'll give it the Candy Butt Association best effort!
flirt.gif

Thanks RiderX. It's just nine identical 1,518 miles loops, all inside Wyoming. Base of ops will be in NE WY.
I'm guessing you'll have a support team to handle maintenance while you rest between loops?
Absolutely - yes.

I've just added Chicago to my spring travel itinerary.

Anyone up for an ATL to CHI run in early may? (other way-points needed for mileage)

I hear the food is awesome ;)

+1
I'd at least like to hear about your planning if you choose not to share the actual ride itself.
Well, the bike, a waterproof chest of tools & parts, oil, drain pan, bucket, tires and a hitch-mounted tire changer I'll haul in my pickup from here (PA) to the starting & ending point of each BBG in northeast WY. Oil changes every 2nd day, tire changes as needed. We'll basically just use the hotel parking lot & my truck as the pit area.

The intent is to do each loop in 19-20 hours - sleep and shower with the remaining time.

Dan

+1
I'd at least like to hear about your planning if you choose not to share the actual ride itself.
Well, the bike, a waterproof chest of tools & parts, oil, drain pan, bucket, tires and a hitch-mounted tire changer I'll haul in my pickup from here (PA) to the starting & ending point of each BBG in northeast WY. Oil changes every 2nd day, tire changes as needed. We'll basically just use the hotel parking lot & my truck as the pit area.

The intent is to do each loop in 19-20 hours - sleep and shower with the remaining time.

Dan
Warchild to the white phone, please!

I've just added Chicago to my spring travel itinerary.Anyone up for an ATL to CHI run in early may? (other way-points needed for mileage)

I hear the food is awesome
wink.png
I might just see ya in Chi-town Chuck. Just need to wait a few days to find out if another event with one of my sons is scheduled for that same weekend. I won't be doing the ATL - CHI route, but I'll certainly be seeing some IA countryside on my way there.

NOPE I'm out, as it turns out the thing with the son is that same weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Dan, you have got me entranced with this ride. WYOMING ? I like the selected area! Time of year seems best... I hope you will let me observe this ride (?). I have been considering a hellweek, so I would love to watch someone who is much more planned out than myself do this ride.

If you don't go public with your tracking info, please consider letting me follow along. :.)

I might just see ya in Chi-town Chuck. Just need to wait a few days to find out if another event with one of my sons is scheduled for that same weekend. I won't be doing the ATL - CHI route, but I'll certainly be seeing some IA countryside on my way there.
If I make the Ia stop, direct route is 1400 miles...

If I make the Ia stop, direct route is 1400 miles...
Now you're starting to sound like that 'pathfinder dude.