What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I'm with ya Joe.... same shit here....

Almost felt good taking the bike out the other day for a short journey at 25* out....

Sunny and 72 today, ice pellets forecast on Monday.

Gotta love variety around here...

smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Snowing again, temp in the 20's now. It was below zero this morning. Another foot of snow and 50-60 mph winds forecast for tonight and tomorrow. I've got plenty of beer, gasoline and flashlights. Ready for whatever Mother Nature brings. (hopefully she doesn't forget about Spring in a few weeks!)

Warm. Very warm here for Feb. great motoring weather. 60's and some low 70's. But there's always a trade off here it seems. Early warm temps bring early allergy season. Last few days there have been tree pollen alerts thru TWC. I'm not even normally a allegy sufferer. But in the process of being sick with this crap. Wishing for more winter actually. Supposed to get a little shot of cool and nasty next week that may slow down the suffering. Less riding but maybe feel better. Just haven't had enough winter here this year.

-50 with the wind chill tonight. But the beers cold while I sit here watching the Shawshank redemption with a blanket on me.

It rained here and snowed at the summit from Friday through Monday. So I skied on Tuesday and Wednesday, then rode to Napa to see my sister on Thursday and back to Grass Valley on Friday. It's a sunny Valentines Day weekend with highs in the 70s. We still need more rain and snow, so please send us the precip you don't want or need.

Monticello canyon into and out of Napa is one of the best twisties venues anywhere and the south side of Berryessa is newly surfaced. Sunny, green, gorgeous and perfect riding weather across the agricultural bottomland of the great valley and almost no traffic. California sucks.

That doesn't mean other states don't have good riding or skiing, though. Looking forward to Telluride in March, and I'll even enjoy the drive. Too bad the Carolinas and the Maritimes are so friggin far away.

Sunny and -3 currently, with a high today of 1...
Joe, who shovels your walks and drive now?
My wife...of course. I have a snowblower, but it's to big for her to use. Our son was taking care of it while I was off...but I guess he feels he has done enough..."F'n" kids.

View outside my living room window this afternoon. I have a built-in window seat in front of this window that is above normal seat height. If you were to go straight out from the window about 6', then dig down about 30" you would find the top of the handrail that goes around my deck.

When I got up yesterday morning it was -13ºF and today we have wind gusts of 30-50 mph.

IMG_2638c_zpsbb4nrwv4.jpg