Where are the gear whores?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TFC

Reaction score
Didn't anyone already spend their Christmas dough (most likely along with proceeds from sale of their firstborn) and pick up one of these suits?

I know webBikeWorld and advrider both have some recent reviews, but am curious what feejer pilots' experiences are.

Did anyone take the plunge yet?

webBikeWorld

ADVrider discussion

I purchased a Rev'it Infinity suit and Cayenne Pro Jacket + Pants just recently.

I would post a review of the Infinity, but I have only ridden in it for ~2 miles before my FJR left me stranded in a parking lot again.

From the ~2 miles I had it on, here are my thoughts:

Pros:

1) Very well made.

2) Comfortable

3) Easy to get into / out of.

4) Not bulky.

5) Protection is top notch.

Cons:

1) Pockets are useless to me because of size / where they are.

2) Only 2 small vents ... not sure how the suit is going to be in very high temperatures (I live in Texas)!

3) Price.

As soon as I get my bike back (whenever that is), I will try the suit again and let you know how I like it more in depth!!

Happy New Year!

Shane

I purchased a Rev'it Infinity suit and Cayenne Pro Jacket + Pants just recently.
I guess you haven't had a chance to try out the Cayenne gear yet then? I'd be interested in hearing about that. I seem to be turning into a gear whore as I'm perfectly happy with my Tourmaster Intake and Air Caliber pants. But I keep being drawn to the Cayenne and Scorpion Commander stuff. I've read the reviews on Webbikeworld and for no other reason than I want them, I find the urge to use my 10% of 'coupins' from NewEnough.

I guess you haven't had a chance to try out the Cayenne gear yet then? I'd be interested in hearing about that. I seem to be turning into a gear whore as I'm perfectly happy with my Tourmaster Intake and Air Caliber pants. But I keep being drawn to the Cayenne and Scorpion Commander stuff. I've read the reviews on Webbikeworld and for no other reason than I want them, I find the urge to use my 10% of 'coupins' from NewEnough.
Actually, I have about ~1000 miles on the Cayenne Pro jacket / pants. I rode down to South Padre a couple of weeks back to visit a friend.

I really like the Cayenne Pro gear. I decided to purchase it because I was tired of purchasing cheap / middle $ equipment just to have the zippers break (one kind of wonders if the zippers are breaking what kind of protection one will have if he/she needs it :dribble: )!

Any how, here are my observations so far with Cayenne Pro:

Pros:

1) Very well made.

2) Fits very well / snug (make sure you get a good size).

3) Protection is very good except the back armor needs to be upgraded (which I did).

4) Comfortable in temperatures from 38 - 78 (the range I have ridden in them). Going lower won't be a problem, but I am not sure about higher yet.

5) 3 layers that zipper / snap together very quickly and aren't too bulky (well, jacket is a little bulky with all 3 layers).

6) QUALITY ZIPPERS!

7) EXCELLENT VENTILATION (again, now sure about very high temperatures).

8) EXCELLENT pocket arrangement!

Cons:

1) Price.

2) Pants are BLACK (supposively going to be offered in gray starting early February) - I would rather have gray to reflect the heat.

3) Jacket comes with cheap protection which Rev'it recommends upgrading ... for the price of the jacket, the upgraded back armor should have been included.

Happy New Year!

Shane

P.S. Bungie - I don'tb believe NewEnough sells Rev'it. While I won't recommend a dealer (because I got a very good price negotiating privately), I would recommend contacting a few of the smaller dealers ... in this economy, one can do much better than retail and save some $!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to see a shootout between RevIt and Stitch. Who makes the best suit? The new kid on the block or the old guy...

I would love to see a shootout between RevIt and Stitch. Who makes the best suit? The new kid on the block or the old guy...
Aerostich Roadcrafter One Piece Suit $797.00 (USA)

Rev'it Infinity $1,099.00 (manufactured in various countries)

I won't be first in line to drop eleven hundred dollars

but I have only ridden in it for ~2 miles before my FJR left me stranded in a parking lot again.

Shane

???? how come you got stranded please tell ALL.

As for the suit I cant see the use for one here in OZ , the weather conditions are to changeable. I use an RJAYS one piece over leathers.

I feel if I am gonna dump the bike it would be on a wet slippery day so I need maximum protection which comes from the leathers and water/wind proofing from the suit.

Then I can remove the suit when the rain stops . :D

Last edited by a moderator:
but I have only ridden in it for ~2 miles before my FJR left me stranded in a parking lot again.

Shane

???? how come you got stranded please tell ALL.

As for the suit I cant see the use for one here in OZ , the weather conditions are to changeable. I use an RJAYS one piece over leathers.

I feel if I am gonna dump the bike it would be on a wet slippery day so I need maximum protection which comes from the leathers and water/wind proofing from the suit.

Then I can remove the suit when the rain stops . :D
My bike has been having off/on electrical problems since the recall ECM was installed and Yamaha has replaced several components... earlier this week they had the dealer replace the Ignition switch since my bike wouldn't start (I found it out while moving by the bike losing complete power)!

Any how, I picked the bike up on Monday and got 2 miles before the bike started surging ... when I came to a complete stop, the bike power was on but the engine quit. I restarted and rode into a parking lot.... then the bike wouldn't start at all ... just all the lights would come on the dash would come on...

The last I heard from the dealer on Wednesday is they are trying to figure out if it an add-on accessory or something else. I just got off the phone and they are going to call me back later today .... I am getting to the point that my next bike will be a Honda ... the last two Hondas I have had were flawless even with much more electrical accessories added.

Oh well, I will wait and see what Woods Fun Center in Austin tells me later today but I am kind of losing faith in the complete Yamaha experience ...

Best Regards,

Shane