Where do I find those body caps for when the luggage is off?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I tried everything, every last search on the internet. I cant for my life find a place for the caps that fill in where the luggage mounts when theyre off the bike.

Ideas? Is there a name for these buggers?

They are called rear fender cover and they are in fender in the normal FJR parts fiche. They will run about $12 EACH. There is one underneath and two up top for a total of six. There are two different part numbers. (#36, 37, 38 on fiche for '06)

Edit: Intech is faster than me this morning; at least at the keyboard!

Last edited by a moderator:
so I would need 2 sets? (or, one of each part #?)

and do they come color matched already? thanks for the quick replies!

so I would need 2 sets? (or, one of each part #?)
and do they come color matched already? thanks for the quick replies!
They are sold by the "EACH" so six are needed which will run something over $75 at an on-line parts place. As I mentioned, there appears to be two different part numbers. Should be color matched as part numbers differ by year. (Correction - three different numbers)

36 COVER, REAR FENDER 2 DPBMU

3P6-2163E-01-P1 (replaces 3P6-2163E-00-P1) 2 req'd $11.54

37 COVER, REAR FENDER 2 DPBMU

3P6-2163E-11-P1 (replaces 3P6-2163E-10-P1) 2 req'd $12.67

38 COVER, REAR FENDER 3 DPBMU

3P6-2163F-01-P1 (replaces 3P6-2163F-00-P1) 2 req'd $12.65

I am probably stating what the OP already knows, but...

You do realize they came standard with the bike when new? Have you searched through all of your bike "stuff" for them?

Have you checked way up under the tail section, behind the rear seat? When my bike was new it took some real digging but I finally found them. In fact- I've never used them. Ever. They're prolly dry rotted by now.

I like them and have had them on and off several times with assorted FJRs. They make the bike look a lot nicer when you've taken the bags off.

Compared to a Honda ST with its bags off, the FJR with the holes plugs looks downright sporty.

I don't care what anyone else thinks here or elsewhere, a bike with bags on it does not look sporty, FJR or otherwise. You can put bags on a K1300S, and it brings its appearance down to mundane sport tourer.

Get the plugs. Take the bags off. Put some sport bike tires on the bike. And go have some fun.

There are at least two, and I think three FJR year models with that same color paint. Surely somebody here will send you a set for a lot less than full retail--somebody like me who has no use for these overpriced googaws.

Post up in the "Wanted" section.

I use them constantly, they really clean up the look when not using bags and are good for an extra 5 HP, thanks to Mike for an extra set.

I like them and have had them on and off several times with assorted FJRs. They make the bike look a lot nicer when you've taken the bags off.
Compared to a Honda ST with its bags off, the FJR with the holes plugs looks downright sporty.

I don't care what anyone else thinks here or elsewhere, a bike with bags on it does not look sporty, FJR or otherwise. You can put bags on a K1300S, and it brings its appearance down to mundane sport tourer.

Get the plugs. Take the bags off. Put some sport bike tires on the bike. And go have some fun.
Mebbe your FJR only looks sporty with the bags off...Mine looks great all the time.

If I wanted a bike just to look sporty in I would get a _________.

$75 to cover up a couple of holes, really? Honestly, you can't even see the lower ones.

I use mine every time the cases are off, twice within the last year alone....

I got mine used and im fairly certain they're not hiding anywhere I havent looked yet. never hurts to have a second peek tho.