Which Nolan Silver Helmet Matches My '04 Cerulean?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dadof5arrows

Reaction score
My old HJC Symax finally broke (5 yrs/30k miles), I'm thinking about replacing it with a Nolan N103. Have any of you color-matched the helmet to your bike? Lava Grey & Arctic Grey look close, but I can't find a dealer nearby to try to match it.

Vince

The white one matches. It has the added benefit of being very visible and causing cagers to wonder "is that a LEO" when they first spot you.

PS. I envy your quiver.

Last edited by a moderator:
The white one matches. It has the added benefit of being very visible and causing cagers to wonder "is that a LEO" when they first spot you.
I'd go for a Hi-Vis Yellow. Most here kind feel matching your helmet to your bikes color is ghey...but I won't go there.

I would say I personally would not buy a new helmet without trying one on first, so I guessing you are ordering online?

Have them send both and return the one that does not match to your liking.

KM

Most here kind feel matching your helmet to your bikes color is ghey...but I won't go there.

But I will go here: (Sorry about reply'n to my own quote)

If you wear a helmet that matches the paint on your bike, you are in essence making yourself blend into the bike visually. It has already been shown that on a subconsious level, car drivers will "dismiss" motorcycles because they are not seen as "threats". They have been trained from day one to look out for two sets of headlights...not one by itself.

Some recognise motorcycles , but do not atatch a human element to it...because the riders often do not look very human.... so it kinda makes sence that if you can make the rider stand out some from the bike they will draw more attention from the inattentive driver.

By "matching" the bike you tend to blend into it, and those other drivers do not percieve that there is in fact a person there. However by wearing a contrasting helmet color, you make yourself stand out more.

It is also true that the human eye can pick out movement faster if one of the objects stands out from the other that is near it....meaning seeing a white helmet on a blue bike you will detect movement easier than if the helmet was the same blue color. The riders head does tend to move in relation to the bike, especially when viewed at an angle , and many sit up straighter approaching an intersection.

Am not really sure how much a difference all this really makes but anything that gets others on the road to see you is a good thing.

KM

Yeah, I'll probably stick with the colorless white helmet--I like the visibility, and it doesn't conflict with any other color bike I might get the chance to ride (not that I ever do!) Plus, my passenger's white Symax is in great shape, no use replacing it, too. Thanks for the comments!