Will We Become

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charismaticmegafauna

Reaction score
With this successful tie-up:

ab2c1f25553ac09c1ba21b7a05b038c2_T.jpg

Probably (?) joining this:

Chrysler%20logo%2002_1.jpg

Will FJR riders soon be shopping MoPar...? :eek: :unsure:

I'm just trying to figure out what type of cars Fiat Chrysler will make.... Maybe a really tiny convertible that breaks down all the time but has a hemi in it.

I had an X 1/9 that i planned to race G class in the '70's. It literally would self destruct the quality was beyond poor. The windshield rusting out (in CA too) tranny blew out twice ( 32k total on it) The Fiat looks are OK, just as long as they don't build them.

Maybe they'll combine dealerships and we'll be able to buy parts at our local Yamaha/Fiat/Chrysler dealer.

How about a free Yamaha with every Hemi pickup truck?

A Hemi 124 Coupe would be fukkin awesome-a Fiat powered Charger Police car more fun for a FJR rider than can be imagined.

I dunno. I spent 8 years in the Ferrari business and they are pretty fu*kin cool. Also made by Fiat. Also 2008 F1 constructors champion.

Chrysler already makes a bike, more or less. Dmn inline four Jap bikes got me out of my 12 second 340 Duster in the early '70s and onto my first bike-XS 11 Yami..

Or how about the days of yore when the Ford Comet and VW were going to be combined to make the Vomet? :puke:

I had an X 1/9 that i planned to race G class in the '70's. It literally would self destruct the quality was beyond poor. The windshield rusting out (in CA too) tranny blew out twice ( 32k total on it) The Fiat looks are OK, just as long as they don't build them.
Remember the Toyota's, Datsun's, Honda's and Nissan's from the 70's??? Worthless pieces of shit that no one would go near. Pre-rusted made from left over WWII beer cans, with little Kyoto Agreement amenable 5hp motors. Look what those companies have become. I am sure Fiat has stood still since 1970 and made no attempt at improving. I wonder if any other manufacturer has been able to improve their product over the years. What a sad sack of horse excrement the manufacturing industry has become in this country. Time to think about moving overseas...Austrailia maybe???

Remember the Toyota's, Datsun's, Honda's and Nissan's from the 70's??? Worthless pieces of shit that no one would go near. Pre-rusted made from left over WWII beer cans, with little Kyoto Agreement amenable 5hp motors. Look what those companies have become. I am sure Fiat has stood still since 1970 and made no attempt at improving. I wonder if any other manufacturer has been able to improve their product over the years. What a sad sack of horse excrement the manufacturing industry has become in this country. Time to think about moving overseas...Austrailia maybe???

HUH? :dribble:

Those "worthless pieces of shit" from the 70s is what damn near killed the U.S. auto industry, and certainly DID kill the affordable car segment of the British car industry (along with the help of British Leyland). It's just taken 30 years for the coma to end.

Purely anecdotal on my part, but my 75 Honda Civic went 242,000 miles before I traded it in in '85 on a Chevy Blazer and made me $50 dollars on the trade. The Chevy dealer gave me $2800 for a car I drove the piss out of for 10 years and only paid $2750 to buy new.

The Kyoto agreement didn't occur until 1992 and was based purely on combating "Global Warming".

And the "5hp" in my 1200cc Honda Civic proved more than enough to win me two Regional SCCA Solo II titles in the 70s.

Did you or someone in your family lose an auto job due to import successes from the Land of the Rising Sun? Can't think of anything else to foment your rant.

HUH? :dribble:

Those "worthless pieces of shit" from the 70s is what damn near killed the U.S. auto industry, and certainly DID kill the affordable car segment of the British car industry (along with the help of British Leyland). It's just taken 30 years for the coma to end.

Purely anecdotal on my part, but my 75 Honda Civic went 242,000 miles before I traded it in in '85 on a Chevy Blazer and made me $50 dollars on the trade. The Chevy dealer gave me $2800 for a car I drove the piss out of for 10 years and only paid $2750 to buy new.

The Kyoto agreement didn't occur until 1992 and was based purely on combating "Global Warming".

And the "5hp" in my 1200cc Honda Civic proved more than enough to win me two Regional SCCA Solo II titles in the 70s.

Did you or someone in your family lose an auto job due to import successes from the Land of the Rising Sun? Can't think of anything else to foment your rant.
I'm with Howie on this one. My dad bought a "piece of shit" Datsun 1600?? pickup new in 1971 for about $2000. He put over 600,000 miles on that truck and only ever replaced the clutch. That thing worked it's ass off and still ran when he basically gave it to a buddy who was out of work. Growing up, we had ranch trucks (Fords/Chevys) and personal trucks. The personal were always Datsun/Nissan and every one of them outlasted the American trucks. Granted, Ford and Chevy have come a long way, but they are lucky they pulled their heads out of their asses after that fiasco in the '70s when Japanese vehicles were cheap and reliable, unlike the poorly build American brands. Anyone ever seen a Mustang II?

I'm actually looking forward to buying an Alfa Romeo again if this all comes true. I owned five of them in the 70's and 80's. The oldest was a 1960 Giulietta Spider and the newest was a 1986 GTV-6. They still have a pretty active following in the states with various regional owners groups but I think the last ones were imported here in 1992 so it has been awhile since they had a presence in North America. I always found them exciting to drive and autocrossed every one of them when I lived in the Boston area.

Dave