Winter Gloves made for use with Heated Grips

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fred, sounds like you got the Gerbings Classics which were bulky.... I have the Gerbings G3's which are thin, but not warm enough at under 40F for me. I've been reading about the Warm & Safe heated gloves which are insulated and heated on the back with no insulation on the palms so heat can transfer from the grips........ might be the way to go.
Actually I have the Gerbings Snomobile gloves, which are even bulkier than the classics, especially when you have them a size too big. ;)

I have heard that the latest version of the G3's (and any other Gerbings) which like my Sno-mo's have the "microwire" heating elements will all crank out plenty of heat for even the coldest of days. Running the Sno-mo's in the upper 30's F and I only needed turn the Heattroller knob up about 1/4 of the way. :thumbsup:

At the price they can be got at now, I'm tempted to buy another pair in a smaller size.

Last edited by a moderator:
After a 50 mile speed-run home today (I misjudged my time) I stopped and picked up the T5's ... I tried the liners, they're really uncomfortable, tried the G3's and they seemed very sloppy. The T5's felt like the best of the three, but I agree they're awfully big. Took a 15 mile ride home vs the 2 miles it'd actually have been had I gone straight home from the dealer, dark, 37', and while I don't know that I'd wear them constantly I will say they were really nice to have on ...

Ahh another "investment" in riding happiness :)

Dan