Would somebody be so kind as to tell me where May I get the brackets for auxiliary mirror lights?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1300AE

Reaction score
Hello,

Would somebody be so kind as to tell me where May I get the brackets for auxiliary mirror lights?

I got the Corbin seat and hate it with a passion. Hard like seating on the floor.

Thank you in advance,

Newt

Hello,

I got the Corbin seat and hate it with a passion. Hard like seating on the floor.

Thank you in advance,

Newt
I'm a little confused how the mirror brackets are going to be any more comfortable to sit on than the Corbin? That's a new one on me... :rolleyes:

Hello,

Thank you in advance,

Newt
I'm a little confused how the mirror brackets are going to be any more comfortable to sit on than the Corbin? That's a new one on me... :rolleyes:

I'm sorry. Im trying to find some affordable mirror brackets. The Corbin comment was out emotional anger.

Sorry again,

Newt.

You're only sorry that I posted. I apologize. :)

Someone with better search skills will be along soon I'm sure, and give you a helpful answer. :clapping:

Hello,

Thank you in advance,

Newt
I am a little confused also...

IF you are asking for mirror mounting brackets for aux. lights?

..then try this thread ........https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=124633

AND as far as the Corbin seat?.......

From what I have heard - it is either a seat you LOVE OR HATE - and it sounds like you are on

the side of a majority of riders who hate them. If you are looking for COMFORT on long rides

try google and find this topic. Google FJRFORUM best seat- OR take my advice and get a

Russell day long saddle. They now make a sport model too !!

Newt, you seem to be the most POLITE sum'bitch in forum history. Keep posting. Somebody will eventually get through to you and we'll see the secret, hidden part of you. ;)

As to the brackets, IMHO, the first link leads you to brackets that MAY interfere with your windshield operation with larger-sized lights. The second suggestion is for brackets that are light duty for some of the heavier lights available. Both would be fine for smaller or lighter-weight lights--many here use one or the other.

Another alternative is TOP GUN brackets, which occasionally turn up used on the forum, or are carried--I think--by fjrgoodies.com. Maybe someone else knows of another source. If you're interested in a very high-quality--and fairly expensive--option, look into Clearwater lights. VERY bright LEDs, very low electrical draw, DIMMABLE (so you can have them on ALL the time for super conspicuity). They have their own very high-quality brackets for the FJR, one for each of their two models.

p.s., I've had THREE Corbins. Bought both of my FJRs with Corbins already mounted. First I hated. Second was MUCH better. I also had a Corbin--made for me--on my KLR. That was the best of them. I sold the KLR and eventually got rid of both the FJR Corbins, but they will do rebuilds. You might look into having them taking another shot at yours. Too bad it's so far for you. A ride-in would be best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

I totally understand now the pros and cons regarding the lights. It just seems to me tricky to find the right headlights alignment. I've been reading and I decided on getting a medium size AirHawk motorcycle seat cushion - Medium Cruiser.

My link

I hope it works out regarding comfort. I'm in a tide budget therefore I would like to make the most efficient investment.

I'm also going to be getting the following:

2006-2009 Yamaha FJR1300 No Cut Black Frame Sliders

Price: $19.99

My link

U32 Kit - Flashing Brake Light - Do you gentlemen know If the U32Kit - Flashing - Brake Light Only is compatible with our bike? It comes with 16 LED lights on each side. I seems like a good safety upgrade to me (If compatible, of course).

$73.95

My link

License Plate Bracket

$10.50

My link

Now, I have a silly question. Is there any way that I can avoid dropping the bike while in the saddle? When the bike is going it feels right however when I stop, it feels top heavy.

before all, I understand is not the bikes fault. It's maybe my lack of skills.

Thanks again for taking your time.

You guy's rock.

Best regards,

Newt.

Now, I have a silly question. Is there any way that I can avoid dropping the bike while in the saddle? When the bike is going it feels right however when I stop, it feels top heavy.

The issue at hand is that the FJR is a heavy bike and, with the gas tank full, top heavy.

First, keep an eye on the terrain as you stop and always lean to the uphill side and support the bike with that leg/foot.

Second, should the bike get to a certain angle of lean while stopped, it's nearly impossible to hold it up.

THAT may be what you are making reference to. Many riders have NOT dropped their FJRs, some of us have (mine...recently in a ride in the CA foothills when I topped in a parking lot and put my left foot down..."ON AIR". I instantly knew it was going over so I simply stepped off....then picked it back up.) Sliders are your friend.

The issue at hand is that the FJR is a heavy bike and, with the gas tank full, top heavy.

First, keep an eye on the terrain as you stop and always lean to the uphill side and support the bike with that leg/foot.

Second, should the bike get to a certain angle of lean while stopped, it's nearly impossible to hold it up.

THAT may be what you are making reference to. Many riders have NOT dropped their FJRs, some of us have (mine...recently in a ride in the CA foothills when I topped in a parking lot and put my left foot down..."ON AIR". I instantly knew it was going over so I simply stepped off....then picked it back up.) Sliders are your friend.

Thank you very much. I am quite happy to know that I am not the only one with this concern :eek: .

I will surely follow your advise. I was ashamed to ask but I figured that is easier to look stupid and learn, than stay silence and drop the bike again.

I dropped the bike because when I put my boot down there was gravel. It felt like I was stepping on a patch of ice.

Thanks again for your teachings.

I will definitely follow your advise.

Best regards,

Newt.

Great links. Thanks again.

I believe I'll be getting the product bellow. I would like to install it in conjunction with the brake light to alert tailgaters.

I hope it works out as a additional brake light.

Strobes N' More E3 Super LED

My link

Thanks again,

I'll keep you gentlemen updated through this thread.

Do any of you Gents know If a 55w HID kit is acceptable for the 08 FJR. I have a 55w HID kit from DDM on my CBR without any sort of melting issues.

Thanks again.

Newt.