Wrecked the '15 already

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deeply saddened by your tale RFH. Hope all goes well from here on. From what I can see mostly just superficial. Will insurance cover the cost?

So sorry to hear about the mishap on your brand new bike. I know you're kicking yourself over it, but it's just money. Shortly you'll have it looking good as new, AND any bike accident where you can walk away is a good one. This could've gone much, much worse. Take solace in that.

that just stinks! Heal fast. oh and dont sneeze for a month or so them busted ribs dont like sneezing

Wow, sorry about your slide. Just reading this as a 2015, just got my stomach all knotted up. Can only imagine your self-inflicted anger. Heal strong and fast. Beautiful machine.

Damn RfH...this is definitely NOT the way to break-in a new ride!

Glad you weren't injured too badly...get the bike repaired and this will soon be a distant memory.

--G

RFH - Surprise, we don't bounce like we used to many many years ago. The problem was you went slow in that turn, and you went straight down. I did that back in September 12, 2001 on my Venture. I was too busy listening to the radio about the events in New York, D.C. and Pennsylvania to pay attention to the road - Wham !

Don't worry about the bike, it's been baptized now, get it fixed and ride the wheels off it. As for the broken rib, if you feel a sneeze or cough coming on, grab a pillow and give it a bear hug. The rib will thank you for the extra support. Bend your knees and stay upright when the sneeze hits, do it to protect your back. When I broke several ribs, I had just come down with a cold - damn that was a rough couple of nights, I ended up sleeping sitting up clutching that pillow.

Heal quickly sir.

Brodie

rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry to hear of this Redfish… my heart just sank when I read the thread title. Wishing you a quick healing.

The bike will be as good as new soon. My money is on black ice too.

Get well soon.

DO get the bike fixed ASAP. My Son-In-Law dumped his Triumph 600 on an easy intersection (gravel) with it less than 24 hours old. To this day, the fancy fairing with the Brit flag decals is still road rashed. Please don't let your new baby be blemished the rest of its natural life.

Man, I feel ya. I've never owned a bike that wasn't dinged up in the first month, though I must admit you have my record beat by a couple of weeks. But the bike is stuff. It's insured and can be repaired/replaced. But the ribs! Oouch! Get better soon.

Ice, man, ice. Around here temps can vary as much as 10C degrees in as many kilometers, which is why I generally hang up the spurs by mid November. It was -15C here last night
cold.gif

Sucks about the rib. Heal fast, bro.

Damage to the bike also sucks, but looks cosmetic in the pics.

Wow, so sorry to read this. I just bought a 2012 last weekend (near-new, 4K miles) and I don't want to even think about the first scratch. But they all come. Heal and get back on. Yeah, it sucks. Post your updates on the your and the bikes repair.

Have been reading your posts about shopping for and finally getting a 15.

This news is terrible to hear.

Please check that subframe behind the mirror as it surely took a hit too.

If you fix it yourself, this topic might help.

Very similar to what I did some years back, bike did a 180 on its side, I followed on my side, but I was lucky, only got a bruise on my hip. And a few days of silence from SWMBO.

I'd rather have a broken rib than That Silence.

Heal up, fix the bike, go ride. And avoid ice.

Damn sorry to hear of your accident; glad your injuries weren't worse, though the broken rib has to be painful. Damage to the bike looks to be easily fixable. Hope you heal quickly and enjoy many more rides on your new '15.

Did you break the mirror ?!?!

It will blow your mind how fast that stuff will add up in cost to repair....

Get going with your insurance, make sure they replace your helmet.....

Oh the Morning after...... :(

Sorry to hear about this. It is good that you have no lung damage and the rib will heal. The scratches are no big deal, but I know that you will get them fixed. If you don't have insurance then you can get the plastic painted just fine. I'm sure you already know about Garauld on this forum to get that done.

It sounds like you hit a patch of ice. That's why I never intentionally ride when the temperature drops into the low 30s. There is nothing you can do once you hit ice while you are leaned over, and you can't always see it. Heal well and enjoy your new machine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! After following along with your anticipation of picking up the new ride this just sucks with a capitol S.

Bike can be fixed and you'll heal. Those are the things most important. I agree with the likelihood of black ice. Living in PA my whole life I've experienced it a few times myself. Had more than a couple of moments that caused my sphincter to clench. Fortunate to have never gone down to this point.

Best of luck and positive thoughts headed your way.