• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WynPro Anti-Vibe Light Brackets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received my light brackets, PAIR plates, and BigFoot. Absolutely top notch workmanship on your parts Dave! Thanks again, Steve

PM and paypal sent for a set. Thanks!

That might help a little bit. Reply/email sent. Thanks, again, B

Any thoughts on making these for us Gen3 guys? Got my lights and dimmer (thanks Justin) and now need some nice brackets!
rolleyes.gif

Any thoughts on making these for us Gen3 guys? Got my lights and dimmer (thanks Justin) and now need some nice brackets!
rolleyes.gif
Not any time soon. My local dealer won't even have a FJR Gen3 on the floor. If someone wants to swap bikes for a few weeks (Yeh right!) it might happen. I don't see a Gen3 in my future either. From the looks of the cowling it is going to take a different path to design around.

Sorry, Dave

Just completed my install of the 1st Gen brackets on a first gen (doh!) with FZ1 mirrors. I used the brackets to mount a pair of Justin's LED aux lights (available in a different thread in this section).

I painted the brackets with 2 coats of Rustoleum Gloss Black. Initially tried shooting them with PlastiDip but the rubbery coating would not have stood up well to the ravages of being on the front end of the bike, and it would be a PITA to take them off for recoating. I'm hoping the Rustoleum paint fares better.

Here are the painted brackets

100_4343.jpg

Dave (WynPro) shipped the brackets with a couple of rubber footings to be placed between the bracket and the bike. The first thing I did as to mark and cut a hole where the screw head would be on the back of the bracket so that I would be able to tighten and/or loosen the mounting bolt for adjustment of the lights.

100_4345.jpg

Rubber pad stuck to back of bracket.

100_4347.jpg

Mounted the two brackets and lights and got them rough aimed. I'll have to tweak the alignment sometime when I can take the bike out in the dark and shine the lights on a wall.

100_4348.jpg

Here are some closer looks at the lights and bracket with the FZ1 mirrors. These brackets should work the same for 2nd genners that also have the FZ1 mirrors.

I flipped the mounting bracket around on the LED light to make it easier to tighten the hardware. And I also had to flip one of the bracket's pivot screws so the nuts would both be on the bottom (just for looks).

100_4349.jpg

100_4350.jpg

100_4353.jpg

I ran the cords from the two lights into the front faring by cutting some notches in the black B and C panels right at the furthest outboard points. It is snug enough to hold the cord from moving after the covers are reinstalled (sorry about the bad focus on this one).

100_4351.jpg

And I installed the LED Dimmer (also bought from Justin) inside the glove box where it is oput oif the way, but still accessible for a quick adjustment (my solenoid has been disabled)

100_4352.jpg

All in all, I am very happy with the whole setup. The lights and dimmer from Justin are great, and these Anti-Vibe mounting brackets make the install look very clean and tidy, IMO.

Thanks Dave!!

Chuck,

If you swap the two 1st Gen / FZ1 left and right, the bracket will stick out to the side a bit and give you another place to mount stuff (the back) while still mounting the light on the front in about the same position, just a bit more outboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started with the desire for air wings and an upgrade path for a pair of lights. Now I'd like to add another pair.

I have seen something like Justin's "mini" with a clear lens that might be an easier fit.

Here are some closer looks at the lights and bracket with the FZ1 mirrors. These brackets should work the same for 2nd genners that also have the FZ1 mirrors.

I flipped the mounting bracket around on the LED light to make it easier to tighten the hardware. And I also had to flip one of the bracket's pivot screws so the nuts would both be on the bottom (just for looks).

100_4349.jpg

Confirmed today, I must say you are correct. Although I don't have an FZ1 mirror it is the same bracket.

100_1212_zps98a5144d.jpg

100_1211_zps4664fb58.jpg

Dave,

Got a 13 right over here in RI. Let me know when you want to get together or come to the Ride to the Rock next week.

George

Hi George,

Now that I finished my other big project this week and that is out of the way we may have some time. I do have to catch up on some other FJR farkles soon also. Supply is starting to get low. I will be in NH for turkey day but I am pretty sure it is a day trip at this time. So for right now Friday is open for me. Hope to see then if the weather is favorable.

Dave

Calling Fred to the Red phone.

Maybe someone else can answer this also. Are the Gen3 holes centered on the oval? I believe the Gen1's are but the Gen2's are not.

Dave

I just responded via PM.

The holes are not centered in the faring, but the FZ1 mirror studs are centered (or symmetrical really). Shouldn't matter how they are drilled in the bracket as there is no need for a relieved area on the back like there was on the 1st / 2nd Gen Brackets.

Status
Not open for further replies.