Yamaha FJR1300 Tank Bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely. I agree. Getting this stuff that we don't normally have access to is of a great service.I did not mean to cast aspersions about the suitability of the bag for other folks. Just me.

I only wanted some pictures is all...

those are cool as hell,but not 712.00 us dollars cool.

No. More like, because I wouldn't want to pay $200 (or $100 for that matter) for that butt ugly, massive tank bag thing in the pictures above. I don't see how people ride around with tank bags that big. It would have to be constantly getting in your way.
So I guess you want like this one either :)

JohnRyanGasTank1-800_DSC_4164.jpg

Absolutely. I agree. Getting this stuff that we don't normally have access to is of a great service.I did not mean to cast aspersions about the suitability of the bag for other folks. Just me.

They're $200 dude. where does the $712 come in? You been drinkin again?

Th older model appears to be one piece while the new one seems to have a zip-in upper section. Correct? I don't like the mondo tall original one but I might be interested if you can zip the top section off the new one

They're $200 dude. where does the $712 come in? You been drinkin again?

I think we have discovered odot jr.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe they are the same person?

holy conspiracy theory Batman!

Absolutely not, I've maintained this for years now: Odot and SkooterG are the same person! At WFO many years ago, they were both there, but no one, not madmike2 or any other attendee, ever saw them in the same room at exactly same time!!!

Have Old Michael do PhotoShop magic on a picture of GregM. Putting sunglasses, bandana and leather pants on him: Odot!!!

Absolutely not, I've maintained this for years now: Odot and SkooterG are the same person! At WFO many years ago, they were both there, but no one, not madmike2 or any other attendee, ever saw them in the same room at exactly same time!!!

Have Old Michael do PhotoShop magic on a picture of GregM. Putting sunglasses, bandana and leather pants on him: Odot!!!

erm...ummm....thanks, but visually, one odot is more than enough, TYVM

:(

....without visual proof, it's all just heresay... ;)
Four words...

Boogie

Nights

Stand

In

...and to keep this thread real, I'm not a huge fan of the magnetic bags simply because they scratch up the paint. :(

Additionally, there's the issue with rain. I know, I know...it's only a me-thing since I live in Seattle, but what a PITA having to deal with a rain cover (unsure if this model ships with one or not). I also have issues with the lack of security.

...and having said all that, it's almost a certainty that I'll end up owning a magnetic, soft tank bag at some point now... ;) Because even for all those "issues", it's tough to beat the versatility of a traditional tank bag for stowing a camera, phone, wallet, etc... or is it...?

...and with all that said, I'd like to offer a shout out to Canadian FJR for even setting this buy opportunity up for folks. Nice one! Next time I'm back in Halifax I should find the time to treat you to a coffee and meet up with a fellow FJR rider. :)

Last edited by a moderator: