Yamaha Top Box Lighting?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patent1

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to make myself more visible to the cagers, particularly in rain, fog and at night. Has anyone modified the Yamaha top box so it has turn signals or just plain running lights? My optimal set up would include quick disconnect wiring connections so the top box can be taken off quickly, and really big lens, like the Wing top box. I'm guessing a strobe light mounted on top of the trunk would be illegal :D

I'd like to make myself more visible to the cagers, particularly in rain, fog and at night. Has anyone modified the Yamaha top box so it has turn signals or just plain running lights? My optimal set up would include quick disconnect wiring connections so the top box can be taken off quickly, and really big lens, like the Wing top box. I'm guessing a strobe light mounted on top of the trunk would be illegal :D
Do a blue strobe and let me know how it works out! :D

Have you checked the reflective tape? It really shows up. I've got it on my bags and will get it for my trunk but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I bought the Givi 46 top box. I would like add a better light system to it than the stock one offered. Has anyone tried some kind of l.e.d.s? :blink:

I was hoping for something to fill in the red reflector area on the GIVI. I like warchild's idea. It's good for the bike without a trunk. It just would be nice to have that whole area on the trunk to light up.

P.S. I didn't mean to hijack the thread.