Yet Another 06 +200 Mile Ride Impression

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UnixGuy:

Your description of the rear shock seeming harsh is likely the result of not enough rear preload or more specifically not a strong enough spring. Check preload by measuring sag and adjust as necessary.
What should the sag be?

Highlander:

May want to check the torque on the head bearings, some earlier models were loose from the factory, that may be causing the head shake. ( Also most guys are running 41 / 41 as tire pressure )
I checked, head bearings torqued sat. Tire press reset now need to ride. :rolleyes:

Weekend Rider:

Your tank issue with the old belly rubbing on it, an easy fix. I have a mag-knight tank cover and the gas cap protector for mine. Absouletly number one quality and looks are great and keeps the paint from rubbing off. If you decide to purchase buy as a set some saving form buying individually.
Mag-Knight will have 06 kits out in 3-5 weeks from 4-11-06 or so I'm told.

VFRMike:

I'd love to see it- maybe we'll cross paths one day or catch each other in a group ride?
Love to! I need to scout / document out some of my favorite N county backroads so that when guys like TWN show up I can be fully prepared. Wanna join? I'm working nightshift now and can't do it until mid May.. :blink:

Minuteman:

For your air noise problem checkout laminarlip.com
Thanks! I'll check them out!

UnixGuy:

Your description of the rear shock seeming harsh is likely the result of not enough rear preload or more specifically not a strong enough spring. Check preload by measuring sag and adjust as necessary.

What should the sag be?

"typical street rider" is 25 to 35mm of sag, see a simple method/version via link

link

rublenoon