Am I missing Something?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RossKean

Reaction score
I was having a look at the left side of the bike (2007 A) and noticed a threaded hole just above the rubber boot on the shift shaft (just to the left of the pivot). I never noticed it before but looking at a picture taken when I got the bike, there was nothing there when I bought it earlier this year.

Can anyone tell me if there is supposed to be something there??

P1000340.jpg

Ross

Last edited by a moderator:
I would guess that would be to accommodate the auto clutching AE's shifter.
So no, you're not missing a thing... :rolleyes:

At least not missing anything on the bike! I noticed this after a short ride this afternoon and realized I would never hear the end of it from my Harley friend if something had vibrated off. Had to get a pic and post for confirmation or it would have driven me crazy. I appreciate the quick reply.

Ross

It's a threaded hole that holds 1 of 3 bolts that retain the plastic cover over the the YCCS electronics.

Man, these guys are no fun at all. We could have had you re-tracing all your rides for at least a week before you went to the dealer and they laughed at you for wanting a part that you don't need. :rolleyes:

Man, these guys are no fun at all. We could have had you re-tracing all your rides for at least a week before you went to the dealer and they laughed at you for wanting a part that you don't need. :rolleyes:

I had a high resolution picture of the bike from the side when I picked it up and nothing was there so I know I didn't lose anything. Zoomed in on the spot and definitely nothing missing from when I bought it. On the other hand, if someone had suggested something credible (i.e. flux capacitor), I might have checked with the dealer - hopefully not before checking out the service manual.

Ross

Sure you've been riding? Looks awful clean to me. :rolleyes: Ian, Iowa

Sure you've been riding? Looks awful clean to me. :rolleyes: Ian, Iowa
16,000 miles so far this year - not bad for the frozen north. (plus a few thousand on the other bike) Other than wiping the bugs off the windshield and front cowling, I haven't really cleaned it in over a month!

maybe he cleaned it for the mystery shot?!?! The rest of the bike is one big bug fest I'm sure.