My Impressions of the MV Motorrad Bar Riser

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And, was your issue of rotation that you wanted them more inward (or towards you) or flatter (more pushed away)? My need is the latter. If that's the case how much were you able to get them rotated forward?

Just ordered my own MV Bar Riser right from Germany. Supposed to get it within a week. It was easy to order and used paypal to pay for it. Ok , now my "new for me" machine is getting to be really rideable. So far, OES sliders, audiovox cruise control, Go Cruise throttle lock, and a Shuberth C3 helmet to keep the noggin safe.

Thanks to all on this forum that gave me all the info I needed to make my '07 AE a joy to ride. :rolleyes:
;) :)

Just ordered my own MV Bar Riser right from Germany. Supposed to get it within a week. It was easy to order and used paypal to pay for it. Ok , now my "new for me" machine is getting to be really rideable.
I ordered one too. It's supposed to be here by the weekend. I'll take plenty of pics and report back when I put it on and try it out. It would be nice to be able to sit further back on the seat while I ride. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ordered my own MV Bar Riser right from Germany. Supposed to get it within a week. It was easy to order and used paypal to pay for it. Ok , now my "new for me" machine is getting to be really rideable.
I ordered one too. It's supposed to be here by the weekend. I'll take plenty of pics and report back when I put it on and try it out. It would be nice to be able to sit further back on the seat while I ride. :D
;) We are waiting and for your review and pictures..!!You are the fourth MV buyer in NA-CANADA i think.. :) 1)willabbott..2)motoxr..3)canadian..4)earthrooster...

I have to ask. What do you gain with this, that one of the aftermarket triple clamps don't provide, other than the ability to rotate the bars a little more?
40mm closer..20mm higher to the driver and 20 degres adjustable back and forward..
By comparison, the MCL plate https://www.motorcyclelarry.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_5&products_id=464&zenid=ikppf50qg2bd2399oqklkbbha2 raises the bars 38.1mm higher and brings them 44.5mm closer. That plate was my first choice but I hadn't yet pulled the trigger.

The MV plate isn't as high (which I don't need anyway, I'm short, lol) and doesn't bring them back quite as far (40mm vs 44.5mm). However, the MV plate allows the bars to pivot which can bring them back further.

But the real clincher for me buying the MV? Ease of installation. I don't have to drill out bolt heads and remove the ignition switch.

Oh, and the MV is a little cheaper ($262 shipped) :)

Now, once I actually install it I'll let you know whether I actually like it. ;)

I have to ask. What do you gain with this, that one of the aftermarket triple clamps don't provide, other than the ability to rotate the bars a little more?
40mm closer..20mm higher to the driver and 20 degres adjustable back and forward..
By comparison, the MCL plate https://www.motorcyclelarry.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_5&products_id=464&zenid=ikppf50qg2bd2399oqklkbbha2 raises the bars 38.1mm higher and brings them 44.5mm closer. That plate was my first choice but I hadn't yet pulled the trigger.

The MV plate isn't as high (which I don't need anyway, I'm short, lol) and doesn't bring them back quite as far (40mm vs 44.5mm). However, the MV plate allows the bars to pivot which can bring them back further.

But the real clincher for me buying the MV? Ease of installation. I don't have to drill out bolt heads and remove the ignition switch.

Oh, and the MV is a little cheaper ($262 shipped) :)

Now, once I actually install it I'll let you know whether I actually like it. ;)
i Agree 100%with your info ;) We are waiting for your impessions..and we hope for a nice listening..!! :lol:

i Agree 100%with your info ;) We are waiting for your impessions..and we hope for a nice listening..!! :lol:
I hope to install Sunday because I plan to ride most of the day Monday. I'll let you know what I think. :thumbsup:

For those people that don't like to buy from Germany, www.Creativecycleconcepts.com has one in stock and ready to sell. It won't show on the website, but if you email them, they will help you out. I got their info from MV in Germany.

The MV is sharp and I like the adjustability. Will be looking into this to replace my Heli bar risers.
For fjr03/04/05 There are two MV models..

The model with thermometer and 27mm higher:

https://www.mv-motorrad.de/lshop,showdetail,9645,e,1340351697-14229,1254303433.1331054885,901440-03t,,Tshowrub--1254303433.1331054885,.htm

And the model without thermometer and 19mm higher..:

https://www.mv-motorrad.de/lshop,showdetail,9645,e,1340351697-14229,1254303433.1331054885,901440-03,,Tshowrub--1254303433.1331054885,.htm

I like better the model with thermometer on..and except the usefull nice gadget,it is and 27mm higher like Heli..

40mm closer..20mm higher to the driver and 20 degres adjustable back and forward..Have a look in the link if you like..:

https://www.mv-motorrad.de/lshop,showdetail,9162,e,1340267924-12708,1254303433.1331054885,901440,,Tshowrub--1254303433.1331054885,.htm
Yiasou Mihali ti kanis

40mm closer..20mm higher to the driver and 20 degres adjustable back and forward..Have a look in the link if you like..:

https://www.mv-motorrad.de/lshop,showdetail,9162,e,1340267924-12708,1254303433.1331054885,901440,,Tshowrub--1254303433.1331054885,.htm
Yiasou Mihali ti kanis
Yiasou Steved!Kala ime!

Milas Ellinika?

Do you speak Greek?

How difficult is this to install?

Must cables and electric wires be disconnected?

Any special tools required?

How long to receive from Germany?

Thanks for the replies

Thanks for the replies
It is very easy to install this!No special tools needed!Have a look in this installation pdf:

https://www.mv-motorrad.de/cosmoshop/artikelpdf/901440_e.pdf

https://www.mv-motorrad.de/lshop,showdetail,25399,e,1340830693-934,1254303433.1331054885,901440,,Tshowrub--1254303433.1331054885,.htm

About a week delivery from Germany..

Thanks for the replies
The install wasn't too bad. I have a few photos I need to get online and I'll post about my install a couple of days ago.

Ok, I installed this riser on Monday then rode 592 miles. The next day I rode another 538. My opinion? AWESOME :yahoo: and I didn't have to drill anything ;)

I did have to remove my RAM Bone mount that was attached to my tank bolts. As it happens, I intend to mount a N/Line Dash so I'll still have my GPS in a good spot.

Here it is in a nutshell:

19 June I ordered and paid 187.36 euro. PayPal automatically converted it to US $242.07

20 June I received a shipment notification from UPS

22 June I received the package

DSCN0203_1000.jpg

In addition to these parts I received several pages of paper. Most of them were not in English. One page had instructions in English while another had photos and instructions in German. I typed those in Google's translation page and did a quick job of it. While it wasn't perfect it was good enough :thumbsup:

Original document:

DSCN0200_900.jpg

The translation:

MVMottorradinstructionstranslated.jpg

The other page of instructions:

DSCN0201_900.jpg

Edit: a .pdf file of these in English:

https://www.mv-motorrad.de/cosmoshop/artikelpdf/901440_e.pdf

First I had to give some of the lines some slack by replacing two mounts with pieces provided by the folks at MV Motorrad.

Left side:

DSCN0211_900.jpg

DSCN0208_900.jpg

Right side:

DSCN0214_900.jpg

Note: I did run into a couple of technical difficulties but I improvised. No harm, no foul.

1) There was no fastener provided to mount the new bracket on the left side so I used something suitable I had handy.

2) I couldn't remove one of the bolts on the right side (the lower bolt) so I used a mount of my own making rather than the one provided.

I also had to move these:

DSCN0222-900.jpg

And I had to cut/remove a small zip tie that was holding some lines back here:

DSCN0223_900.jpg

Once all of that was done I was able to remove the bars and lay them to the side (as instructed). The riser plate installs right on top of the existing plate. The trickiest part is lining up the bars, bolts and holes without dropping the nuts on the underside. :blink: Yeah. But it really isn't bad at all. Once I had everything attached I made sure things were even then tightened everything down. I also made sure no lines or cables were pinched or strained. The bars are as far back as they'll go but it's a good fit for me.

Here are before and after shots from above. They are not exactly from the same view point but they're close enough:

Before:

DSCN0205_1000.jpg

After:

DSCN0226_1000.jpg

Especially telling are the before and after shots from the side. Look at the ends of the bars and their placement with respect to the Yamaha emblem on the tank:

Before:

DSCN0207_800-1.jpg

After:

DSCN0224_800.jpg

The only other issue is that the black plastic caps are too big for the nuts they're supposed to cover. I'll work something out. But overall I'm really happy with this farkle and not unhappy with the installation. I did take the ratchet and socket with me those two days I rode so I could be sure everything remained tight. Good to go. :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, since this is an international transaction most credit cards charge you 3-4% foreign transaction fee. If you have a capital one credit card use it. Zero foreign transaction fee or visa/mastercard exchange fee. will save you $7-9 or so. Also, the euro is very weak right now, an excellent time to buy.

I am thinking of pulling the plug. Are there any U.S. distributors yet?