Gen 2 Mirrors with Oem Knuckle Visors installed in my Gen 1 Bike (+Pictures)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mihalis fjr

Reaction score
I like the Gen 2 Mirrors with the oem knuckle visors and i decided to install them in my Gen1..And for better wind protection in the hands.

The installation was pretty easy,I used two rubber plates instead the one from the Gen 2 mirrors and some brass washers (three per bolt) to increase the distance from the windshield..I loved the result..!
rolleyes.gif
smile.png

Perhaps not like to many,but i really like the appearance..

Dave,many thanks for the great condition of the mirrors!
smile.png

P1030492_zps3dce8f13.jpg

P1030500_zps2fa31b78.jpg

P1030501_zps8748c04e.jpg

P1030502_zps2776af39.jpg

P1030503_zps1001778a.jpg

P1030493_zpsc0ed55c9.jpg

P1030496_zps65ceffcb.jpg

P1030498_zps7896147b.jpg

P1030497_zpsb9a53f6e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, I didn't know that Gen 2 mirrors would fit on the Gen 1. What are those knuckle visors for? It looks like they'd be a good foot or more from your hands.

Hoo boy. I have never had the, erm... pleasure before to have seen those knuckle extension thingees, on either a superior first gen, nor a lowly second or third. Those are somewhat... different.
rolleyes.gif

I'm open to suggestions about them being "function over form," but they sure do make the svelte and sexy, still somewhat sporty (while weighing in at a behemoth 650 lbs) FJR look a lot more like a pedantic and pachydermic pedestrian Honda ST or maybe those Vile even to the Vision Impaired, Victory Visions, with their "Bozo the Clown" mirrors.

However (comma) you have saved your αρρενωπός (man-card) by including this picture of your friend in the right hand mirror. Even with you showing a pink camera, a shot of this raven haired vixen keeps you safe.

IOW - Hoochie mama. Nice lookin' fox! Yo!!

Looks great--both the mirrors and whoever that is, right hand side
tonguesmiley.gif

P1030493_zpsc0ed55c9.jpg
Thanks!Accidentally,In the right hand side is the gf Emmy..
smile.png

There needs to be ADV salutes in the mirror. It is tradition!
rolleyes.gif
good.gif

Cool, I didn't know that Gen 2 mirrors would fit on the Gen 1. What are those knuckle visors for? It looks like they'd be a good foot or more from your hands.
Thanks!Yes,the Gen 2 mirrors fit in the Gen 1,and for a perfect fit you must use two oem rubber plates from the Gen 2 mirrors and three brass washers per bolt.I mean the brass washers for the doors or and windows if you use these washers there in USA..?Yamaha Europe & Canada sells these as wind & Rain protectors for the Gen 2 & Gen 3 fjr.From a very short ride,i noticed that these things works really good for the wind in your hands!

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/eu/accessories/index.aspx?productCode=FJR1300A&redirect=false&year=2014

https://yamaha-motor.ca/pna/detail.php?sectionId=AC&groupId=1&subGroupId=4&categoryId=49&itemId=1168&unitId=4217&unitName=2013+FJR1300&unitGroup=&unitYear=&items_per_page=12&page=1

Knuckle Visor Set FJRMirror mounted wind deflectors provide extra comfort on long-distance journeys.

▪ GK designed and YEC engineered especially for the FJR models to your hands from (cold) wind

▪ Long-distance ride becomes even more comfortable when used in combination with the optional high screen

▪ Easily installed thanks to clamp mount on to mirrors

▪ Available in unit-matching colour

▪ Sold per set

Specifications:

- Material: PA6 injected

- Certified conformity (CE/TÜV/WVTA): N/A

- Mounting hardware: Included in package

For further detailed information and availability, please consult your local Yamaha dealer.

Here is a more realistic photo:

Hoo boy. I have never had the, erm... pleasure before to have seen those knuckle extension thingees, on either a superior first gen, nor a lowly second or third. Those are somewhat... different.
rolleyes.gif

I'm open to suggestions about them being "function over form," but they sure do make the svelte and sexy, still somewhat sporty (while weighing in at a behemoth 650 lbs) FJR look a lot more like a pedantic and pachydermic pedestrian Honda ST or maybe those Vile even to the Vision Impaired, Victory Visions, with their "Bozo the Clown" mirrors.

However (comma) you have saved your αρρενωπός (man-card) by including this picture of your friend in the right hand mirror. Even with you showing a pink camera, a shot of this raven haired vixen keeps you safe.

IOW - Hoochie mama. Nice lookin' fox! Yo!!
The pink camera,is the Emmy's camera..
smile.png

Well,because i took the photos from very close to the mirrors,the mirrors looks very huge,but they not as huge as they looks!I will take a photo later from a greater distance to confirm this...

I've never stopped,,,
wink.png
good.gif

Cool. From the front it looks a little like Yoda.
I took the photos very close to the bike..
smile.png
I will take some photos later from a greater distance for more realistic imaging..
smile.png

Cool. From the front it looks a little like Yoda.

Maybe just because we're talking about Mihalis' bike but this is what crossed my mind:

winged-foot.jpg
rolleyes.gif
smile.png
good.gif

UPDATE:

From a 100 miles ride that i did yesterday,my impressions from these two plastic covers are AWESOME!!!
yahoo.gif

I don't know if the Yamaha has design these in an air tunel..?But they really have eliminate the wind in all the hands!!!

It is unbelievable how much great work does these plastics !!!
good.gif

In combination with the windshield and the Laminar Lip,the wind protection is perfect!!!

I am really happy with these!!!
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
clapping.gif

Yea,but believe me,a sweet and very useful and ergonomical Yoda..!
smile.png
winksmiley02.gif
exhappysmiley.png
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

You must ride with these to confirm what i mean...

Hahahahahaha.....LOL......Thanks for posting the photo of Yoda. I couldn't do that from my cell phone, though I really wanted to!

Latest posts