Bolt Length of Gen 1 FJR Mirrors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesK

Got to ride
Reaction score
Does anyone on the Forum happen to know the Stud/Bolt Length of Gen 1 FJR Mirrors?

I have a Gen 2 and need to replace the mirrors so was thinking of going with the more resilient Gen 1 mirrors.

The problem is that I'm running the original Skyway mirror mounted aux light brackets which are 5mm thick.

The OEM Gen 2 mirror bolts are 3 cm long, which is enough to accommodate the light brackets without issues, however, even the good quality (German company on eBay) aftermarket Gen 1 mirror bolts seem to be shorter (2 cm which is long enough without the aux light brackets) so there is not enough bolt length.

Before buying the OEM Gen 1 mirrors I wanted to confirm that the Gen 1 mirror bolts are at least 3 cm long, like the Gen 2 bolts.

Thanks for your help.

PS. I know many folks go with the FZ1 mirrors, but where I live lane-splitting is allowed and always done, so I don't want to increase the already wide profile of the FJR, besides I get satisfactory visibility with the OEM mirror width.

Last edited by a moderator:
2.3 cm

20161003_122620_zpshrq8akoj.jpg

Thanks for the prompt response Lele, that's very helpful and basically rules the Gen 1 mirrors out as an option in my case.