SoCal bound in January.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gramps

Reaction score
The wife & I will be spending the month of January in Oceanside and I'm bringing my bike which will be loaded in the back of my pickup.

Loading the bike here is no problem as a buddy of mine has a great ramp but it's not something I can take with me. My question is,

does anyone in the San Diego area (preferably north SD) have a decent ramp for loading & unloading a bike from a pickup or know

of a dealership that has the equipment to do it? I thought I would ask before I invest in something that I would only use once a year,

if that. I appreciate any help you could give me, thanks.

Yeah I was probably just going to go with that option, but I thought I would ask around. I'll be calling some nearby dealerships to make sure.

That would be great Neil and close by. I'm almost positive that Don has no idea what he's talking about.
tease.gif

I look forward to meeting you and possibly showing me the the sights?
smile.png

I'll be in touch.

Roger that Gramps. I think that most of my weekends are free in January.

Um, Don, it's not a 2 X 4. Gimme some credit here. It's a 2 X 8...

Neil, Fairlaner, and johnny80s are all in the area and I'm sure willing to lend a hand with the bike and some route information... some great roads out that way! If I was closer, I'd join ya... will be in the Paso Robles area the weekend of January 17-19... you're more than welcome to join in the fun if it fits your schedule. B)

Thanks Tyler, Paso Robles may work. I'll let you know for sure once we get settled & figure our schedule. Can't wait to get out of this winter hell hole.
cold.gif

Roger that Gramps. I think that most of my weekends are free in January.
Um, Don, it's not a 2 X 4. Gimme some credit here. It's a 2 X 8...
No need to go with the full 2x8, gramps can get by with a 2x6...so feel free to rip that 2x8 down a couple inches.
...getting the table saw out from under all of the crap...

While I can't offer any help with the ramp thing, I'll help you eat some Pie in Julian (weather & schedule permitting).

Ya know Gramps if you were to swing by my house up North we could unload it here. You and the Mrs. can head south and I'll be a few days behind you with your bike after doing a nice long ride to charge the battery for you. No need to thank me, it's the least I could do for a fellow north lander.

Latest posts