Planning Breakfast Meetup--Sacramento Moto Show (edited)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
Well, I think it's cool, anyway. Don't know about the folks in San Mateo, but hey, ya know? Our turn. New schedule, a lot of new cities. I see it's not going to be in Seattle either.

Anyway, the email didn't say where, but I'm guessing Cal Expo--November 6 - 8. We should take a page from the PNW playbook and all meet up for breakfast on Saturday. Looking forward to it.

EDIT Oct 30: UPDATED INFO FOR SATURDAY BREAKFAST!

Looks like we have several takers for Saturday a.m. breakfast. Checked some places, but Gary (Gfran), who lives real near this place, recommended a restaurant that he likes. It looks very good and it's close to Cal Expo and very handy to the freeway--just a block off I-80 at El Camino Ave. (I-80 has a split personality. This is the part labeled the "Capital City Freeway." Goes through downtown. The "other" I-80 skirts around town to the north. Us old-timers still call it I-80 because it used to be the ONLY I-80. Don't worry, you'll find it.)

Here's info about the restaurant--Sarom's Southern Kitchen, 1901 El Camino Ave, Sacramento. Great reviews in Yelp and Trip Advisor. And of course from Gfran and Cindy, too. ONE block east on El Camino off the Cap City freeway. I'll be there a little early to hold down a table, but let's plan on 9 a.m. And please let me know on this thread if you'll be there so I know how big a table to hold. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who's Bernie?

Progressive Motorcycle Show , been down in the south bay area for years. Glad to here it will be in Sac, much closer and won't have to deal with the bay area traffic-Sac is bad enough.

Mike, I can smell a rte for this one-thanks for the heads up.

Glad it is going to new cities. It is a bit repetitive year in and out. Last time I was there I tried on new helmets and found one I liked and own it today. Outside of helmets gear buying is so so at the Seattle show, not a lot of variety.

Now the breakfast we have in Seattle is awesome.

Where the feck is Sacramento?
blink.png
lol.gif
tonguesmiley.gif

But no seriously...

Whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul,

I account it high time to get to Sacramento as soon as I can.

I'll mark it on the calendar. I usually make the ride down to San Mateo. This will be much more convenient. Looking forward to meeting a few of Norcal's best. Ernie

Thanks for the link @SacramentoMike. I look forward to meeting and riding with some locals.

I'm a new fjr owner (used bike 05) I will try to make the meet up for breakfast. I work nights and have weird days off ....but anything to get on the bike 😆

I'll be there. The past several shows in San Mateo I've gone by myself. I'm looking forward for the meet up times - breakfast - with friends. Please post as the dates get nearer.

Brodie

:)

Latest posts