Rider Down - Kim Maio on 12/10; Please Help Her Out!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
Rider Down - Kim Maio on 12/10; Please Help Her Out! JSNS, Thank You!

img20151215_09485880.jpg

From FJRob1300:

Help Kim.

Rob

From Heidi to extrememarine - Wayne:

Many from the EOM crowd know Kim. I thought I'd put this here in case you've not heard. Prayers and positive vibes needed..

Wayne

From Heidi via FB

I originally planned to not post about this. I'm getting a number of people contacting me to ask about Kim Maio. My phone is almost dead... so just going to post it here once. Kim is going to be ok, eventually. She isn't right now. She had a left hand turner... a kid that hasnt had his license long pull out from a side road, swerved to miss someone else & pulled directly in front of her instead. Kim was on her new Can Am Spyder. She has multiple broken bones... some of which require surgery to fix. Lets see... her right femur above her knee is broken & requires surgery to insert a plate & screws. Her left hand has a couple of broken knuckles which require surgery to fix, her right shoulder is fractured & is going to be put in a sling. Her left leg sustained damage, also. I believe the acl is torn... which will require surgery. She is being operated on tomorrow morning. She is admitted @ Sentara Norfolk General & her room # is 347. I am sure she'd like company at some point. Thank you everyone for being concerned. I'll be sure that she knows. & go visit if u have the time.

There is also a Gofundmeset up to help Kim bridge the time she will be out of work.

Thanks for posting Wayne. Kim is a fun person and fits right in with the EOM crowd. Best wishes for a complete recovery.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel so very badly for poor Kim, having also been in the Hospital after a Motorcycle crash, I know damned well how down she is!

When in the Intensive Care Ward my daily phone sex with HotRodZilla always made me feel better, I'm sending Kim AJ's phone #!

7600265_1450062214.8825_funddescription.jpg

She really looks this depressed & hurting, too. Yesterday found her in much better spirits. She is going to survive... but it's going to be a long, long recovery.

Details are in first post. There is an inaccuracy... the guy was driving in the opposite direction when he turned left in front of her. He did not enter the roadway in front of her from a side street. The list of her injuries is accurate altho, the docs do believe that her left knee is ok. At first they thought she had a torn ACL. The accident happened on Frederick Blvd & Portsmouth Blvd which is in Portsmouth VA. Guilt was admitted by the guy that pulled in front of her @ the scene.

Thoughts and prayers out to Kim. It was the support given to my family from so many people, many of which we never met, that assisted in my healing both physical and mental.

Prayers from Steve and Tammy. Donation made.

UPDATE #1 6 HOURS AGO

Be the first to like this update
Kim is continuing to recuperate from her motorcycle accident. Doctors are planning on sending her to a local rehabilitation center. This will not take place until she is stable and recovered enough to be moved.
Kim is very grateful for the kindness you have shown her during this time. Thank you! Subscribe to UpdatesDONATETWEETSHARE

Hello Friends,
Sarrah and I have started this gofundme account on behalf of our dear freind Kim Maio.
For those of you who do not know it, Kim was involved in a serious motorcycle accident on Thursday December 10th. It was not her fault and actually she did not even see the car coming which probably saved her life. Upon impact Kim was thrown off her bike flying 20 feet over the car and onto the concrete.
She sustained some very serious injuries. Her left hand was seriously injured to where she had to have surgery to put pins and wires to hold her fingers in place and close up the hand injury. She has a broken femur and had a second surgery to add a plate and pins to repair that traumatic injury to her leg. She has a fractured right shoulder and an injury to her other knee. She has severe bruising and is in a great deal of pain.
Because of her injuries, she will not be able to put weight/walk on her one leg for at least 3 months and will go into a rehabilitation center for extensive therapy and recovery. Because of this, it will be at least 5 months before Kim can return to work.
Our community has always come together to help others in need and Kim need our help today! We are asking for everyone who knows Kim or doesn't know Kim to find it in your heart to donate whatever you can to build up this fund to make sure she has a home to come back to.
Kim has worked hard to better her life and her home is a goal she met that means a great deal to her; to loose it would be devastating.
The last few months have been extrememly difficult for Kim. She had to say goodbye to her daughter Maddie and her granddaughter Abbie the first part of October when they moved to Hawaii to be with Maddies husband Hayden who is stationed there. At the same time she was taking care of her sick father and eventually being with him as he passed away the end of October and now this, it has not been easy.
Tis the season everyone...Please do what you can to help us meet our goal for Kim. This will remove the stress from her regarding her home and allow her to focus on healing and getting back on her feet.
LET'S MEET THIS GOAL AND THEN SOME!!
We love you Kim and we pray that you have a quick recovery. Peace of heart, mind and body our friend. Just rest and do what they say!

From Kim Maio - Spydergirl:

I really want to take this moment to just thank everyone for all of your concern. I'd also like to thank all of those that have donated to my cause. I am very humbled by all of your kindness. Just a quick update. I'm doing as well as expected. I've heard talk that tomorrow i will be leaving the hospital for rehab. Now that i know how to get on FJRIDERS I intend to be here more often. Again' date=' thank you, Kim[/quote']

erasure

beemerdons,

luvtoride has replied to a personal conversation entitled "Heidi do you have more Forum info on Kim".

luvtoride said:

======================================================================

She was with me when EOM was in Maggie Valley & she was with me in Lewisburg, where you met her. She thought that she'd be coming on her own bike this year. I guess not.

beemerdons,

luvtoride has replied to a personal conversation entitled "Heidi do you have more Forum info on Kim".

luvtoride said:

She was with me when EOM was in Maggie Valley & she was with me in Lewisburg, where you met her. She thought that she'd be coming on her own bike this year. I guess not.

Plenty of time to recover and get back on that Spyder before EOM.
bike.gif

At this point,she's really not sure that she wants another Spyder. I mean she had that thing 2 days & now it's totalled! Personally, I see that as a sign that she should not. That's just me & how I think, though. But 2 days????

At this point,she's really not sure that she wants another Spyder. I mean she had that thing 2 days & now it's totalled! Personally, I see that as a sign that she should not. That's just me & how I think, though. But 2 days????
It wasn't the Spyder's fault, right? And that is the first thing most folks go through after an accident... maybe I shouldn't be riding. Been there, done that. And right now is the right choice to not ride. Once she's healed up, she may think differently. And if not, that's okay too. ;)

I actually wasn't referring to it being the Spyder's fault. I totally agree with you, Tyler. It's fine one way or the other. As I said, not everyone thinks like me. If it were a week... a month when this happened, I'd think differently.

I actually wasn't referring to it being the Spyder's fault. I totally agree with you, Tyler. It's fine one way or the other. As I said, not everyone thinks like me. If it were a week... a month when this happened, I'd think differently.
After my accident, I changed my mind about 20 different times... a day! :lol: Everything from "I have to ride again somehow" to "WTF are you even thinking of riding again?!?!?" and a whole bunch of stuff in between. I think pretty much everyone goes through that so she will be in good company. ;)

Latest posts