YES Warranty

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Art FJR

Reaction score
I guess I do procrastinate.

My factory warranty expires on 1/29/2009. I want to get the YES warranty. I know that D&H Cycles is the best place to get the warranty as it is cheaper. HOWEVER, they are at a service convention and won't be back for a few days.

I left a message with them earlier today on their answering machine. They don't have a website. I will call again tomorrow.

Can I just send them a check and state that I want the warranty? Is there another place that I can go and get amost as good a price as D&H? I know that D&H wants a check (they don't do credit cards) and I hear they are great people. I have heard another story similar to mine and I can't find it. Any idea what the current price is for YES at D&H? The last I saw was $389 but I think that it went up.

I need some quick advice and a solution. Thanks in advance for your time.

HELP!

Art

I just sent in my payment for my YES warranty. I didn't procrastinate quite as much, so I was able to talk to them and still have plenty of time. Time being an issue on yours, here is what I know:

D&D wants $389 for the 4-year extension. BTW, one side benefit is that you have breakdown reimbursement while traveling with YES that you do not have with the standard warranty.

Anyway... they also want your VIN, Name, Address, and Telephone.

PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED BEFORE YOUR WARRANTY EXPIRES!

As an alternative and for a little more money, there is a dealer mentioned HERE that may do credit cards if you want to be sure you are covered. The $40 difference is worth it to get a warranty that will cover you for 4 more years. By the way, they did not quote me the VERY low price mentioned in that thread. However, it was still VERY reasonable and worth the extra coin if you can get your warranty vs NOT getting it.

Hope that helps!

i paid $369, which was cheaper than d&h, at northendcycle.com for a 4 year warranty.

this is like the 3rd or 4th time that someone has said "i know d&h has the best price..." and i've replied with the above. who knows, maybe northend raised their price...

I guess I do procrastinate.
My factory warranty expires on 1/29/2009. I want to get the YES warranty. I know that D&H Cycles is the best place to get the warranty as it is cheaper. HOWEVER, they are at a service convention and won't be back for a few days.

I left a message with them earlier today on their answering machine. They don't have a website. I will call again tomorrow.

Can I just send them a check and state that I want the warranty? Is there another place that I can go and get amost as good a price as D&H? I know that D&H wants a check (they don't do credit cards) and I hear they are great people. I have heard another story similar to mine and I can't find it. Any idea what the current price is for YES at D&H? The last I saw was $389 but I think that it went up.

I need some quick advice and a solution. Thanks in advance for your time.

HELP!

Art

i paid $369, which was cheaper than d&h, at northendcycle.com for a 4 year warranty.
this is like the 3rd or 4th time that someone has said "i know d&h has the best price..." and i've replied with the above. who knows, maybe northend raised their price...
Dean,

I just wanted to make sure you knew I was not doubting what you said in the posted thread above. I called them after I confirmed D&H was still doing the $389 deal and told them I heard about their great deal on the YES warranty. Without puting the guy on the spot and telling him your price paid, I asked him what the cost was. His response was $429. I politely told him that they were about $40 over what I could pay for it and he completely understood me going with the cheaper price. His words were something like: "Wow, $40 over cost is really cheap. I would buy it there as well." I thanked him for having the still reasonable price of $429 and said goodbye. Seemed like a nice guy, but I am not in the habbit of giving away money to nice people. Now, if I were Bill Gates... :glare:

Anyway, I just wanted to make sure you didn't think I was "calling you out" about your price. For whatever reason, you got a REALLY good deal. Seems D&H is still the cheapest I have found though.

Many thanks to all that replied. Your guys and gals are indeed the best.

I called North End Cycle today and their price was $449. I was Ok with that due to my circumstances.

However, if you want to extend the warranty within 72 hours of when the warranty expires, it is a different ballgame. They actually want to look at the bike. Apparently the dealer is on the hook for the warranty within the next 6 months if done 72 hours or less from the time that the warranty expires. Go figure.

So I paid the price for my procrastination and got the warranty thru Yamaha at $768 for 4 years. And I finally came up with a New Years Resolution to stop procrastinating. Hopefully this will make someone laugh as it is January 28th.

Art

Glad I caught this thread as my one year warranty will expire Feb. 24th. I was wondering if I should or shouldn't get the YES. Thought if I could get it at a reasonable price, I would go for it. But last year when I bought the bike, I asked the dealer what the cost was on the 4 year YES, and he quoted around $698. Ouch! Last week I thought I would go to the dealer and try to negotiate a lower price. I told him that I could get the 4 year YES from D&H for around $390, and if he could discount his price. I don't know if this makes a difference or not, but I have worked with this dealer,(which has always been a family run business) for about 30 years. He showed me that his cost for the YES is $369, and we came to an agreement that I could get the YES from him for $75 over his cost. He makes a reasonable profit on something that he is selling, and I don't have to worry that I will be on the long list when/if it comes time for warrant work. Yea, some will say that the dealer is obligated to treat all customers alike, but what do you REALLY think!

This may not work for everyone at all dealers since a lot are very un-personable and are only interested in the sale, not the service.....But if you have a reputable dealer who you think you can work with, go ahead and negotiate. They know about the deals offered on the internet, and should be willing to bring down the price for a sale. Besides, the little extra that you will pay will probably go a long way towards your future dealings with that dealer.

FYI for anyone living in Florida....The YES price (and any other vehicle warranty) is fixed by the state. It was ~740.00 when I bought it last weekend after taxes for the 4 year. It would have been the same at any dealer and you CANNOT buy from an out of state dealer if you live in Florida. I got the same shaft when I bought our 2008 Honda Odyssey.

If it wasn't for the AE components, I probably wouldn't have bought it. It just seems like a lot of things that could go wrong there.

duff,

thanks for checking on the price. no offense taken, i appreciate your "tone" and going out of your way to say you weren't calling b/s. sounds like the place i went to hasn't been able to weather the economy as well as d&h. and yes, i guess i did luck out. but i know i had to have gotten the name of the place i got the y.e.s. from on this forum, so _someone_ knew they had good prices.

regards,

dean

Dean,

I just wanted to make sure you knew I was not doubting what you said in the posted thread above. I called them after I confirmed D&H was still doing the $389 deal and told them I heard about their great deal on the YES warranty. Without puting the guy on the spot and telling him your price paid, I asked him what the cost was. His response was $429. I politely told him that they were about $40 over what I could pay for it and he completely understood me going with the cheaper price. His words were something like: "Wow, $40 over cost is really cheap. I would buy it there as well." I thanked him for having the still reasonable price of $429 and said goodbye. Seemed like a nice guy, but I am not in the habbit of giving away money to nice people. Now, if I were Bill Gates... :glare:

Anyway, I just wanted to make sure you didn't think I was "calling you out" about your price. For whatever reason, you got a REALLY good deal. Seems D&H is still the cheapest I have found though.

FYI for anyone living in Florida....The YES price (and any other vehicle warranty) is fixed by the state. It was ~740.00 when I bought it last weekend after taxes for the 4 year. It would have been the same at any dealer and you CANNOT buy from an out of state dealer if you live in Florida. I got the same shaft when I bought our 2008 Honda Odyssey.
If it wasn't for the AE components, I probably wouldn't have bought it. It just seems like a lot of things that could go wrong there.
NO IT IS NOT.

The only thing about Florida is that one needs a license to sell warranties to Florida residents (because they consider them 'insurance policies').

The law says that they cannot sell the warranties higher than MSRP, but absolutely nothing about selling BELOW. Discounting IS allowed - but 'the fix' is in. Floridians are victims of a form of consensual price-fixing, which is illegal everywhere else.

There is a simple work-around;

- Call Yamaha and advise them you have moved to your Aunt Mildred's address in 'anywhere outside of Florida and Alabama'.

- Contact D&H and buy YES for $389 - no tax. Have the documentation sent to Aunt Mildred's address.

- Once you receive the paperwork contact Yamaha again change the address back.

You will be covered by the YES and will have saved about $350.

No, you do NOT have to reregister your vehicle - it is just your address of record for the manufacturer - and this allows D&H to sell you the warranty - though nothing physically precludes them from taking your money as a Floridian and registering the warranty - they don't as a matter of policy because they don't want problems with the state..

Last edited by a moderator:
Question for you, guys: I talked to Renee @ D&H on the 21st of last month, and sent off a check the next day, but haven't gotten the warranty yet. How long did it take you to get yours' back from them? Understand that I'm not worried about it, since my orignal warranty doesn't expire until the end of May, but am just curious. . .

Look and see if your check is on your bank statement. If it is you're covered. If it's not, start looking for it. I got my paperwork in about a month.

Yep...unfortunately too true. THANK YOU Florida Office of Insurance Regulation. :fuck:

Latest posts