2008 Annual Clan Gathering

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HIGHLANDER

naewittyshitepostedeere
Reaction score
2008 Clan Gathering :paladin:

The annual NorCal meets SoCal gathering.

June 6th & 7th

As My old buddy Monty P. used to say..............."and now for something completely different "

Last year I tried to pull this off, with no luck, but this year I figured out how to beat the reservation system for the Ca state park system. If you've tried to book a spot through the State system before you know all about calling exactly at 8am, exactly 7 months before the exact date you need to book, at the same time everyone else is doing the same thing ! :wacko:

We have scored THE primo group camping site at the Morro Bay state park :yahoo: I know, I know , we usually score hotels for the annual gathering but I though we'd try something different this year, so quit your bitchin already ! :eek:k: Get them old bones in shape so they can spend a couple days sleeping on the ground, it won't kill ya ! ;)

Site # GCHO ( Chorro group site )

https://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=594

Khunajawdge has agreed to look into the nearby hotels in the area for the pansies that need to sleep in a bed for the weekend, that way you can, maybe, if your lucky, stumble back to the hotel without getting lost after hanging around the campfire and swapping lies. and doing a lot of :drinks:

Cost for the site was total of $230 for both days, so we'll divide it up by those that attend, a lot cheaper than previous Clan Gatherings where the hotel bills were that much each !! :D The rules "supposedly " limit us to 15 vehicles, so that's 30 sets of tires the way I look at it ! I'm sure we can squeeze in more than 15 bikes ! :rolleyes:

I'm sure Khuna and the othe CC riders will post up some choice roads we can ride in a shared destination type group ride, maybe a couple of different lunch spots up in the hills somewhere ?? Last Clan meet we have over 40 riders meet for lunch and it sort of overwhelmed the restaraunt a little IMHO, although they did a great job serving us. If we had two or three different rides and lunch spots it'd break up the group a little easier.

Sooooooooooo...whatcha think ??????????????? :tomato2:

Camp

Highlanders

Khunajawdge - ride from home !!

twowheelnut

skuehl

Nightshine

Dudewado

tcfjr

rayban

Santa Fe Dreamin'

ditbwc

SilverPenguin & Andy

SacramentoMike

Old Michael

flyingjunior

Agirl

sin-loki

MCML

17 camp openings taken, 13 spots left available

separate campsites

Dcarver & Shauna

Toecutter & Eve

Hotel

Fairlaner

Madmike2

BikeEffects

Hycle (s)

jdog109socal

bluestreek (s)

rodgerc

JeffD (s)

Day tripper

airhead#124

Minuteman

Hit the Road Jack

Maybe's

FJRay

Silent

Dr.Rich

Malve

After a couple PM's I need to throw out a couple "rules "..........

1)

The group campsite is for motorcycles only. If you need to bring the SUV and the kitchen sink please get your own separate site at Morro. Dcarver has it right without even asking , good on ya mate ! :clapping:

( Only exception is if KJ needs to bring in his rig with firewood etc for the run setup, )

2)

If you bring in any food, lock it up at night. There are many Racoons in the area, and they're smart little fellas, may even know how to unlock your bags so don't leave you key in the ignition B)

3) If you cage it, leave the dogs at home, they'll bark all night at the 'coons and piss everyone off.

4)

And we don't even have to discuss the alcohol at lunch rule do we ??????????? You'll be riding alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
You've got my interest. Looks like 300 miles and 5 hours for me and through L.A. traffic and then hook up to the 101 to Morrow Bay. Hoooaaaa! :yahoo:

Interesting B) I'll have to see how the plans work out before making a final decision tho. Couple hundred miles to camp out with friends? Why does that sound familiar? :p

If you guys can tell me if your camping or staying at a hotel I can keep two lists going so that we don't end up with 50 campers and the park service hauling me to jail ! :unsure:

List updated on the first post, if I need to change which list your on then post up .

If you guys can tell me if your camping or staying at a hotel I can keep two lists going so that we don't end up with 50 campers and the park service hauling me to jail ! :unsure:
Hotel. We "Non-Drinkers" have no problem riding to the roomage! :blink:

We can "buddy up" and share rooms....its worked before.

I can camp! Count me in contingent upon the job situation of course.

Another weekend totally blown riding the FJR. :eek: Kewl! :yahoo:

Pencil me in for a camping spot and I'll pencil this into my calendar!

What's the occupancy limit for campers/bikes?
Technicaly 15 vehicles is the limit, but I'm hoping to speak with the Rangers and find our what the TENT limit is. Since the bikes don't take as much room as 15 motorhomes I'm hoping they'll bend the rules a little for us.

Highlander,

Me n' the prettier half n' HarleyDDawg will be there! I decided to rent another site, bring the truck, camper and trailer (with fjr) so that we can bring a boatload of firewood, food, and booze to the event. Additionally, if anyone should have a mishap, I'll be there for transport.

I will happily pay for a 'spot' in the group campground as well, should it be needed. If you have enough to cover the expenses then I'll bow out of contributing, and offer other services. On the other hand, if you are running short, I'll throw some $$ to the kitty! What you are doing is really cool and I appreciate it.

I can bring a full size BBQ, make some home-made vanilla ice cream, firewood, and provide some great routes.

Thanks D! :clapping: :rolleyes:

Highlander,

This sounds awesome!

If you will accept a first-time attendee from Oregon, I would like to come and camp.

I grew up in Memphis and never attended the Klan meetings there, either.

I had already scheduled vacation for that time, with plans to ride to Sequoia, and maybe to Ventura,

where I used to live.

You probably don't remember me, but I had breakfast with your group at the Idaho WFO.

Thanks,

DudeWado