Gen II fuel cell bulkhead.. My way!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitty141

My name is Smitty.. And I have a motorcycle proble
Reaction score
Normal warnings apply! Be careful... This is a fuel tank your drilling a hole in!!!!!

Just got done with this bulkhead install and thought I would post a few pictures. I used a 1/4" fitting from Sampson and will run the 1/4" fuel line down the right side of the bike. The fitting is pointed to the front, but the fuel line loops around and goes to the back on the same side.. Will have to thank my big brother for bringing his son down to do the inside work. My arm was just to big to reach the nut. I also put some oiled paper towels to help with the chips.

There is just enough room on the right side in the rear part of the fuel tank.

Here's some pictures of the dirty work.. About a hour job if you have removed the tank before.. Smitty

002.jpg

Small bit to prevent walking, also a magnet to catch chips..

003.jpg

004-1.jpg

The hole..

005-1.jpg

The fitting...

006.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

DONE!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had to be different, didn't ya? :lol: Nice job. Are you sure the hose won't kink under the tank?

I picked my bulkhead fitting up today. Will be drillin' over the weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had to be different, didn't ya? :lol: Nice job. Are you sure the hose won't kink under the tank?
I picked my bulkhead fitting up today. Will be drillin' over the weekend.

No kinks here.. It is a nice smooth arc back around. This way the is no chance of putting pressure on the new fitting with the heat shield. I was in deep thought of where to put it, it just was the best spot "I" could find... Smitty :yahoo:

What kind of clearance is there inside the tank where you put that fitting? My fitting looks like it will extend into the tank about an inch. Still room to get a socket on it?

What kind of clearance is there inside the tank where you put that fitting? My fitting looks like it will extend into the tank about an inch. Still room to get a socket on it?

Didn't use a socket, backed the outside jum nut all the way off. Then added the washer and nut (on the inside) as tight as possible with your hand. Then wrenched the outside nut tight.

After almost 24 hours, no leaks, or drips... Smitty