Cop Ends Fun on my Last Hurrah...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spud

Reaction score
Thought I was done for the year but weather broke Saturday so I finished some yard work and headed out for a loop through Jackson, WY. I was having a great time, went through Victor, ID and headed toward the Jackson Pass. Clouds looked real nasty. Start climbing and here comes the snow. Thinking maybe I can make it, maybe not, finally snow starts piling up and cars coming the other way with hazards flashing.

Then in a pullout sits a WY Trooper (Dodge Truck in photo). He comes over and shakes his head and says "I don't even know what you're thinking. Turn around. Cars are stuck up there."

A very sketchy 180 turn in gravel and snow, a white-knuckle ride back below, and I was on dry roads again. Looks like my season's about done... :angry:

102409TetonPass.jpg

Well now, I thought the story was going to turn out the other way with a topic like this. Glad it was only snow and not a pricey ticket. Great picture though...//

I went over the same pass about five weeks ago and it was hot! Gotta love the Northern Rockies. I spent all day Saturday cleaning, changing oil and otherwise putting my babies away for the season. But, hell, March ain't that far away!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't see the pic, but am glad you didn't get a ticket.

Seems like just yesterday when you took me through Jackson.

Niehart would have said, "but Officer, I was told there's pie! on the other side!!!"
HaulinAshe Bustanut would have said, "but Officer, I was told there's a purdy goat on the other side!!!"

next...

:D
:assassin:
Howie would have said, but officer that's the only supplier of manual cam chain tensioners for this bike in the nation; I've just gotta get over there... :assassin:

Wow, I thoroughly enjoyed that pass about 7 weeks ago on my coast to coast to coast ride. Can't imagine it in the snow however. I'm a little envious of your local terrain and it's splendor. What a great place to ride. I'm also jealous of the crossed wires in your head that allowed you to get as far as you did. Your life must be quite an adventure!

I went over the same pass about five weeks ago and it was hot! Gotta love the Northern Rockies. I spent all day Saturday cleaning, changing oil and otherwise putting my babies away for the season. But, hell, March ain't that far away!

Wow...this just might be the first time in my life I ever felt lucky to be living in Ohio. I've had to break out the heated gear, but dammit...we've still got riding weather! :yahoo:

Wow...this just might be the first time in my life I ever felt lucky to be living in Ohio. I've had to break out the heated gear, but dammit...we've still got riding weather! :yahoo:

It's just starting to get to be good riding weather here in Texas with temps in the 60's & 70's...no longer worrying about heat stroke with all the gear on.

Rode that pass a couple of times in September on an rented Electraglide. Good photo!