Cop Ends Fun on my Last Hurrah...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get a little stir crazy if I miss a day of riding. Can't imagine living somewhere with a non-riding season. Blah.

The pucker factor on slushy or possibility of ice musta been high! Your one brave man.

I've been able to ride around Billings here in the banana belt at 14 degrees but only with 0 chance of precip.

Ice is for hockey!

I suppose I could move to So Cal and live with all the fruits and nuts. :yahoo:

The pucker factor on slushy or possibility of ice musta been high! Your one brave man.
I've been able to ride around Billings here in the banana belt at 14 degrees but only with 0 chance of precip.

Ice is for hockey!

I suppose I could move to So Cal and live with all the fruits and nuts. :yahoo:
Approaching the pass it was still almost 50 degrees. It looked like there could be some snow falling, but I figured it would all melt on the road and not accumulate. That was true for a little ways, then the snow was coming down fast enough to stick. By the time I hit that turnout, just tapping the brake made ABS engage, so it was getting really sketchy. I remember thinking "today's the day I'm going to be kicking myself for not having frame sliders" but I got it out of there without event. Funny thing was, literally 10 miles away from there and 15 minutes later I was in flying in open sunshine :)